Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s the lack of forward planning that’s worrying. A striker to play with / phase out Sergio should’ve been bought in Summer 2019. If signing Ronaldo is such a good strategy why weren’t we interested in him then or last summer ?

Maybe the case is reversed - I don't remember hearing any serious grumbles from the Ronaldo camp about leaving until the last couple of days. I think similar to Messi, that if there had been sustained rumours of availability most major clubs would've been chomping.

Perhaps the Kane deal falling through offered Ronaldo/Mendes the opportunity to push for a move to us. As such not a case of lack of preparedness from our side.

Just playing Devil's Advocate

So out of the two, who gets to be top dog as they battle for the Balon whatever, or be top scorer, or Ronaldo is having a bad game, you reckon he will want to get hooked off for Messi, or Messi wants Ronaldo bellowing ‘SUII’ or whatever the fuck it is, in his ear every game?

Ronaldo has to beat Messi and vice versa . Each has to carry their team to ultimate victory and they can't do that if they are on the same side. Neither is the sharing type.
Whereas to his credit Ronaldo has done it in the hardest league in the world and wants to prove it (hopefully) again in the prem Messi went for the easy option in France

Until I see one of these I ain't convinced of anything ;-)

View attachment 25023

E9wE7SIXEAQISHl

@urban genie 's work

Last edited:
If he does sign it's not just what he would do on the pitch, off it would mean so much more for our global appeal
This argument is always a struggle for me… you saying that a 36yo Ronaldo does more for us commercially than say a Foden or a KDB. I just don’t buy into it.

I’m not against the signing, as he’s going to score goals. I just don’t buy that he’s a bigger pull than Grealish or Foden or KDB, on a marketing side of things (…Peak Ronaldo is a different thing).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.