Cristiano Ronaldo

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s definitely a panic buy, but I don’t care. I want him.
I don't see it as a panic buy. I see it as a more than adequate fall back option after Kane didn't come off. I actually think that we called off the Kane chase early and switched our attention to Ronaldo as we couldn't leave it until Deadline Day and hope that Levy caves in on the fee, only to find he doesn't and we end up with no time to get someone else in. There's nothing wrong with short term solutions every now and then IMO and the figures being touted for Ronaldo in terms of fee and wages aren't too astronomical.

250k Net so it's 500k gross. De bruyne is at 350K gross.

Wage shouldn't be a Problem, his Shirt Sales should cover his wages. He's literally begging to leave Juventus lol.
Shirt sales don't work like that, it's the biggest myth in football! Players have the name on the back but it's not an additional shirt sold

City sell roughly 1m-1.5m shirts in total each season. Ronaldo would have to sell an ADDITIONAL 4 million official (not the counterfeits all over the world) shirts to cover his wages.

I'm trying my hardest to warm to the idea,I really am,I think if he signs,I will read your post on a daily basis,to try and convince myself it's a great idea in my mind.
Remember Andy (I'm bigger than Man City) Cole.

Lets see how he does, If he shows commitment and desire I'm in.

if not my tribalism will take over the mild mannered gent I've become.... ;^)

I’ve been think about this and I don’t see how Utd can NOT go for him.

£60M over two seasons to strengthen them and significantly weaken us.

That would be better money spent than £70M for Sancho if they think they can compete with us for the PL.
Because if they were going for him they would have done it, so they either have and failed or haven’t. This is now too far gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.