Etihad Atmosphere - 2021/22

I think part of it is what you touch on in the last paragraph. We've been in the comp for 10 years now, but let's have it right, 12 years ago it didn't seem like a possibility at all so you've got to be of a certain age to have grown up on City in the CL/dreaming of winning it.

For me a big part of it is how much of a bloated competition it is. When we went through in 2014 we lost away to Bayern, drew with Roma (copped a load of shit off the media that night/day about City not "getting" the CL), drew away in Moscow, lost at home to Moscow but then won our final 2 games at home to Bayern and away to Roma and qualified. Basically, although last night was against the 2nd biggest test we'll face in the group, if we hadn't have won you'd still back us to get through. 3 years ago we lost at home to Lyon yet pissed through the group stage. It's just a competition that doesn't mean anything til the Spring.

PSG will be good at home as it's against a team of superstars. I've been watching City regularly since 1994 and I can honestly say last night was the first time I've seen an opposition player I've never heard of score a hattrick against us.
Who was the last player to score a hat trick against us? Agbonlahor for Villa maybe?

I don't give a shit what others fans say or think. Doesn't mean I have to be content with Pep's snide comments about the fans.

He's paid well to coach the team, if he wants to know why the stadium isn't full maybe he should speak with the relevant people within the club. Pretty much the entire entertainment industry is down on numbers, why should City be the exception?
I must have missed the part when he questioned why the stadium wasn't full, he basically just said "if" you can make it on Saturday it'd be appreciated by himself and the players for your support.

Yet another one that's getting wrapped up in what others are thinking because you've tried to read between the lines of something he didn't even say?

Don’t see what the problem is with Pep’s comments. He’s just being consistent, as it was fantastic how he went across to the away support at Leicester to thank them for their vocal support and backing. Also the way he thanked the fans on the post match interview and indicated that tickets were all sold out. Also that the players were tired but the vocal backing got them through the game. Just don’t see the problem.

I must have missed the part when he questioned why the stadium wasn't full, he basically just said "if" you can make it on Saturday it'd be appreciated by himself and the players for your support.

Yet another one that's getting wrapped up in what others are thinking because you've tried to read between the lines of something he didn't even say?
Fighting a losing battle here I think.
Seems Pep is now public enemy number 1 amongst the serially offended brigade.

I've never wanted him to be a scarf wearer,he is way too individual for that,but I would like him to take a derby for example,especially in the league, a lot more serious as we do.

If he doesn't win a battle,he generally wins the war,I get it,but like I say,on certain other things,he doesn't get us one bit.
He "gets us" more than you and some other blues actually. He knows we are now one of the world's biggest and best teams who are targeting all the trophies on offer. He also knows that we are no longer a little parochial club who's season rests on giving our local rivals a bloody nose.

We have a few issues that need sorted:

1. Club at times have taken advantage of our loyalty. Yes we won the lotto with the takeover but does that mean we can be forgotten as the club steams forward into unprecedented times? Nope!

2. Ticket prices- income is low on that front so take the hit and try to reach the casual new/ young fans once again.

3. We hate Uefa for the crap thrown at us everyday by the other fans and the media. It is exhausting.

4. We the fans have got used to winning. Can you win to much too soon? Have we lost our edge? Unprecedented amount of trophies have left us lethargic.

5. Cost- so many games per season we are not a money tree you can shake.

6. Covid had scared people and a lot would be hesitant on attending. I try to go as much as I can but with a child with complex needs it is difficult. Covid has shit on that.

7. local fans should not be attacked under any circumstance. Bang out of order Pep.

Overall, the attack on attendance does upset us all to a certain degree. The club need to do a lot more if we are to solve this problem collectively. Stop trying to grow CFG and get back to putting time and effort into the next generation of City fans. We have along way to go on this journey.

Last edited:
I couldn't care less about what other fans think, I just give them my Mona Lisa smile or show them the photographs of me with the trophies! You don't have 7 brothers and numerous family supporting either of the two red teams in the North without growing a thick skin.
I do however think that our manager/coach whatever title they now have, should be more alert to what fans are putting up with not just from other fans but from our own ticket office and supporter 'services'! Maybe the club should have made sure that he saw that email of apology and then he might have questioned why it was necessary to send it out and when given the reasons kept quiet!! Maybe the big issue is that fans matter!?
Yeah but I didn't read into it as a dig at the fans though, on the contrary even.

It was more along the lines that your support is appreciated by myself and the team "if" you can make it, I'm sure he knows times are hard and those that are attending are making effort and sacrifices to be there

My go to anecdote on this is when a journo asked Fernandinho whether he was worried about playing at Liverpool's famous atmosphere and he just listed all of the things he had experienced playing in games in South America and the Ukraine, and he was like 'I think I'll be ok'.
Some of the stuff that goes on elsewhere makes Sky’s cringeworthy lauding of the atmosphere at a select few English grounds just embarrassing. A couple of karaoke verses of another club’s song at Anfield is obviously no match for atmospheres that reach the intensity where Barca fans (??) throw an actual pig’s head at Luis Figo or Inter fans (??) chuck a motorbike off the top tier at the San Siro yet “famous Anfield atmosphere” is one of the most oft used phrases on Sky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.