Dusan Vlahovic | Signed for Juventus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m a fan of Vlahovic as well, but of those factors you mentioned, the only one he has an advantage on Haaland is in the air (which at their current age, both can work and improve on). On the rest, Haaland is better
Maybe so but we'd be getting Vlahovic at probably 1/10th what Haaland would cost.

Agreed. He has refused to extend, and they’d get more in Jan than the summer. His wage demands, sign on fee, agent fees etc would be significantly less than Haaland. Seems more like a typical City signing to me

He does but we're also best positioned to sign Haaland so it depends how confident the club are. I'd rather Haaland because his ceiling is higher but City missing out on both would be disastrous

is he a better passer? some of those balls Vlahovic was spraying about tonight were superb.
They both have the same number for passing completion rate in their leagues, but from my observation, I would rate Haaland slightly above him.

disagree Vlahovic has better hold up play
Haaland’s hold up play is far better. Which isn’t to say Vlahovic’s isn’t good. I’m not here to criticize either of them

They both have the same number for passing completion rate in their leagues, but from my observation, I would rate Haaland slightly above him.

Haaland’s hold up play is far better. Which isn’t to say Vlahovic’s isn’t good. I’m not here to criticize either of them
that is your opinion of what a hold up play is. but if we go by close control in tight spaces and progressing play Vlahovic is far better than Haaland. In the german league Haaland has acres of spaces to run away from the defender. it wont work here

that is your opinion of what a hold up play is. but if we go by close control in tight spaces and progressing play Vlahovic is far better than Haaland. In the german league Haaland has acres of spaces to run away from the defender. it wont work here
It's obviously an imprecise science we're working with here. While the Bundesliga is more open, I'd also say Serie A is played at a far slower tempo and alot of Vlahovic's goals are hanging off the last man and exploiting the vast space in behind.

Haaland'sCL record indicates he'd be far more adept at playing in the PL and thriving than a Vlahovic who would have far more question marks.

I’m not going to engage here in criticizing Vlahovic as that will get overblown by the usual suspects. But I strongly disagree. You can read and watch tactical and technical analysis of both players and see what their strengths are. You can ignore Bundesliga if you want (though it is far from the one-dimensional “lots of spaces” cliched characterization you will read in this forum sometimes) and just focus on Haaland’s European and international performances or how he played for Salzburg.
It’s the last from me on pitting one against the other though

Haaland'sCL record indicates he'd be far more adept at playing in the PL and thriving than a Vlahovic who would have far more question marks.
In our team, they would both fit in. Haaland is far ahead as my number one but I wouldn’t be opposed to Vlahovic

Would prefer Haaland, but this lad looks the real deal. Great finisher, holds the ball up well and the bonus he is a very good penalty taker. Certainly would not be upset if we signed him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.