Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
do we actually have a figure for the number of people killed by omicron as opposed to have tested positive then died because of something unrelated, hit by a bus etc
Probably very few by Omicron if any but that isn’t the point of any debate at the moment. Nobody being hit by a bus would be in any figures either.

because there are wider implications of such a social policy and conditioning, as well as a lack of long-term data. It's a forum to discuss views, if we all agreed entirely then we'd have a boring life and at the mercy of the powers-that-be. If people choose, that's their prerogative. When they're coerced and propaganda'd into it, then it's not unreasonable to question the tactics involved.
Like what?
The booster is optional but people are encouraged to get it to avoid the economy grinding to a halt due to sickness.

I got the booster, got back from holiday to a house full of family with Covid and didn't catch it. The booster works and I'm back at work. Without the booster I would have caught it, missed the Leicester game and been off work for a few days.

No idea why anyone wouldn't have it given the opportunity.

Ok, Omicron is very unlikely to kill you, but if no-one had bothered with the boosters there would be millions off work rather than hundreds of thousands and people would be dying for non-Covid reasons due to lack of critical services because of staff off sick.

Like what?
The booster is optional but people are encouraged to get it to avoid the economy grinding to a halt due to sickness.

I got the booster, got back from holiday to a house full of family with Covid and didn't catch it. The booster works and I'm back at work. Without the booster I would have caught it, missed the Leicester game and been off work for a few days.

No idea why anyone wouldn't have it given the opportunity.

Ok, Omicron is very unlikely to kill you, but if no-one had bothered with the boosters there would be millions off work rather than hundreds of thousands and people would be dying for non-Covid reasons due to lack of critical services because of staff off sick.
No guarantee you would have. Just conjecture. I equally know triple jabbed people who've had to isolate all over Christmas due to a positive test.

If people become vaccine dependent, either psychologically or immunologically, then it has wider societal implications.

As has been stated, the elderly and vulnerable needed boosters and have access to them. So the millions off work idea is a strawman because the no booster argument hasn't been presented. The main reason people are off work is because they're made to isolate for something they have little to no symptoms for. People for both Covid and non-Covid treatments are now seeing their treatments impacted as a result, despite boosters.

UK Cases over 200,000 - 218,724

But England only was 148,725 - which is NOT a high. Has been over 160,000 twice last week.

Caused by big backlogs reported from other nations such as Northern Ireland after days not reporting.

Hope the media tell people these 'nuances'.

Full details from each nation on the data thread.
They didn’t………

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.