Kelechi Iheanacho

Liked Kelechi at City, fairly decent scoring record and looked a good prospect (also liked his late miss FOR Leicester in the match when Vinnie got the screamer).
City got a decent fee for him too when he left, wouldn't say he's better than Jesus either tbh.
Like most strikers obviously scores more when he has more time on the pitch, (which he seems to be getting now?)
Along with the likes of Mee, Sturridge,
Trippier, Schmeichel hard to really know how their careers would have gone had they stayed.
Had he been on the pitch, we’d have scored 9 extra penalties in the last 2 seasons...

What? Vardy has been magnificent and incredibly consistent at Leicester and probably the most underrated striker in Europe.

Vardy 306 Games, 136 Goals all for 1.7million of the Queens finest, great signing.

Vardy has scored two goals in twenty-four starts since Christmas. One was against West Brom. Magnificent? That is genuinely some of the worst form I've ever seen. Nearly everyone in our squad would have managed more in his position, including the defenders. And yet he still starts every game while Kelechi- exactly as I said would happen- is back on the bench the second Rogers gets an excuse. It's absurd.

He's gone on long barren runs in all but one season since the title-winning campaign, too. Consistent is a word that applies to Vardy less than most.

Vardy has scored two goals in twenty-four starts since Christmas. One was against West Brom. Magnificent? That is genuinely some of the worst form I've ever seen. Nearly everyone in our squad would have managed more in his position, including the defenders. And yet he still starts every game while Kelechi- exactly as I said would happen- is back on the bench the second Rogers gets an excuse. It's absurd.

He's gone on long barren runs in all but one season since the title-winning campaign, too. Consistent is a word that applies to Vardy less than most.
A premiership player that scores 1 in 3 is quality.

Vardy is at the end of his career, a wonderful career, I don't like him as a man but to doubt him a player is a strange one to me.

A premiership player that scores 1 in 3 is quality.

Vardy is at the end of his career, a wonderful career, I don't like him as a man but to doubt him a player is a strange one to me.

Of course he's quality but should have been dropped months ago. Certainly should not have started the Chelsea game instead of Iheanacho. Kelechi is the only reason they have possibly survived bottling top 4 again and had he started the Chelsea game they would have had a much better chance of doing it.

Of course he's quality but should have been dropped months ago. Certainly should not have started the Chelsea game instead of Iheanacho. Kelechi is the only reason they have possibly survived bottling top 4 again and had he started the Chelsea game they would have had a much better chance of doing it.
That a bit of a blunt conclusion tbh, as yes Vardy couldn’t hit a barn door recently, whereas Kel is very incisive, but it is the movement of Vardy that works to make the space, the cross, he has become a better provider, but a terrible finisher. This is not to detract from Kel, he has been staggering, and his vision and finishing has been first rate, but he suffers as a lone striker.

Fact that will probably crop up in a pub quiz in the future

Kelechi Iheanacho became the first Premier League player ever to score on every day of the week in the same season.

Leicester City's Kelechi Iheanacho scored the first goal in English football to be awarded using the Video Assistant Referee (VAR)

Last edited:
Not this time. You are correct that injuries (To Maddison not Barnes) meant Kel got a longer stint, but he is not droppable currently due to his form. The return of Maddison (Who is not right still) will not alter this.

Regarding Vardy, its clear that either the decline has begun or he is carry some sort of limiting niggle, but his movement is till stop notch and there is no way that Kel would score as many as he is doing currently without Jamie' s savvy and movement, and this is something Kel himself has stated.

Sorry to bump this after so long but I was sadly absolutely bang on. TBF you were far from the only one saying that it wouldn't happen again.

Fact that will probably crop up in a pub quiz in the future

Kelechi Iheanacho became the first Premier League player ever to score on every day of the week in the same season.

Leicester City's Kelechi Iheanacho scored the first goal in English football to be awarded using the Video Assistant Referee (VAR)
Two great trivia facts, there, Joe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.