Crystal Palace (A) | Post Match Thread

Few things:

- Why is it that Sterling scores a few chances, misses a few chances and gets pelters for it but Cancelo is hailed as a world-class fullback for getting a goal or assist about once in every thirty shots/crosses? And Grealish gets less criticism than Raheem for not even getting himself into the right positions to get chances at all? I imagine Matt Doherty in his Wolves days, for just one example, had a much better success rate than Cancelo does now.

- This game really highlighted how much better Stones is than Laporte now. A Stones-Dias partnership feels like one that could win the CL. Laporte has regressed since joining us and is now turning out deer-in-headlights stuff at least once every few matches. I'm pretty certain he was nothing like this in his first year or so.

- No subs when Gundogan is obviously a better goal threat than Bernardo, Sterling is obviously a better goal threat than Grealish and Jesus can't possibly have done worse than Mahrez tonight was just insane. If that's how Pep wants to play it, fine, but then to regularly claim that he wants us to go back to 5 subs is just insulting the fan's intelligence. He evidently doesn't need 5.

So poor with the final ball. So many obvious candidates for being subbed, but stubborn Pep wouldn't do it.

Foden was shite. Laporte useless, Cancelo awful apart from one shot, Bernardo had a stinker by his standards.

Should have used Sterling and Gundogan at some point tonight.

All that said, take nothing from them, Palace played well.

I think at the start of this season.

Many of us felt having no recognized Striker would cost us at some point.

Unfortunately for us it is happening at the business end of the season.

Astonished he made no changes,players were dead on their feet out there.

People are kicking off about no subs but that doesn’t bother me in the slightest. We were camped in their half as we always want to be and we had our best players for playing that kind of game already on the pitch. What bothers me is players with genuine, proven technical ability failing to execute in the final third pretty much every time they had to produce something even remotely precise or accurate. That’s on them, not Pep. Sterling and Jesus weren’t going to improve on that either by the way and you’re deluded if you think they would have. It was on the players out on the pitch.

Some shit shows this evening against a very modest quality Palace side…..couldn’t score a goal against that utter crap defence in 2 games is quite an achievement.
Cancelo needs a rest, appalling 2nd half performance, pinging crosses miles over the heads of our players left right and centre, giving the ball away as well....this guy is horribly inconsistent
Poor from Rodri too, barely made a forward pass and left passes short all evening
Two sitters missed from Bernado.
After all Mahrez’s talk this week, turns in his worst performance for ages.
Foden’s touch was off tonight.
Handing the initiative to Liverpool with some rank mediocre performances in the last couple of months, veering from superb to mediocre on a weekly basis at the moment.
Shout out to the the usual happy clappers in the match day thread.
I'll not be watching Arsenal v Liverpool later this week.

Rodri was absolute shite there, hesitant a number of times which lead to them having a few dangerous breaks

Bernado also chucking in his worse game of the season and capped it by missing two absolute sitters

overall though a point isn’t the end of the world , win against Burnley and we can finish the scousers challenge off

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.