Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe, and I’d hope so, but when 10 players are closing all space in a tight low block defence then I can’t imagine where we’ll find the space for a big lad to run into to drag players out of shape.
Good low block defences are extremely disciplined so why would a defender abandon his post to go with him?
The likes of Grealish or Foden (who can both work in small spaces and play fast on the break) do all they can to pull defences out of shape and it doesn’t always work so why would Haaland (who doesn’t do so well in small spaces but excels running into open spaces on the break) be the answer?
Maybe his height and heading ability could make the difference (?) because his speed in open play wouldn’t when the play isn’t open.

As I said, if Pep gets him then Pep has a plan and I’ll put my trust in that but, in the interim, I can’t see it.

PS. I should go watch a whole bunch of Haaland ‘skills & goals’ videos on YouTube and see if I can get on the wavelength that’s bringing supreme confidence to so many good Blues.
Pep builds his system around his best players. Look how he quickly adopted the twin playmaker formation when he joined to get the best from silva and KDB. Look how now he was Cancelo as a left winger who tracks back instead of a left back who goes forward. Look how he got Walker, Delph and Zinchenko dropping into central midfield because their end product wasn't there. A player as good as Haaland can and will be accommodated.

Maybe, and I’d hope so, but when 10 players are closing all space in a tight low block defence then I can’t imagine where we’ll find the space for a big lad to run into to drag players out of shape.
Good low block defences are extremely disciplined so why would a defender abandon his post to go with him?
The likes of Grealish or Foden (who can both work in small spaces and play fast on the break) do all they can to pull defences out of shape and it doesn’t always work so why would Haaland (who doesn’t do so well in small spaces but excels running into open spaces on the break) be the answer?
Maybe his height and heading ability could make the difference (?) because his speed in open play wouldn’t when the play isn’t open.

As I said, if Pep gets him then Pep has a plan and I’ll put my trust in that but, in the interim, I can’t see it.

PS. I should go watch a whole bunch of Haaland ‘skills & goals’ videos on YouTube and see if I can get on the wavelength that’s bringing supreme confidence to so many good Blues.

Haaland will be as destructive in tight spaces as Sergio was IMO. Kun was devastating because he could shoot from anywhere and he had crazy upper body strength to hold defenders off. Haaland has similar characteristics with an even bigger/stronger frame. Kun was probably a bit more two footed but I certainly think if we're talking parked bus defences and little room to operate Haaland will thrive and excel. I really hope it happens because I feel as though Pep will do with him what he did with Lewandowski in terms of elevating his game to crazy levels.

Hope so, this signing would take us to another level

if he’s chosen us, we’ve agreed terms and no fee has to be agreed … why doesn’t everybody just announce it!?!?

Dortmund still have a title to fight for. Would be stupid to announce your best players next club during a title fight.

You can’t see how a natural goal scorer would improve us, seriously ?

I have known for a long time that the absence of a ruthless finisher on the end of KDB's crosses has cost us, but fuck me that video compilation puts it into stark, blunt, stern reality.

Our squad does such good work getting the ball into that final position that it is the epitome of profligacy that we don't have a man getting those balls in the net.

One thing I picked up from watching him in the last few games is that he's extremely far from "clumsy". He's got really good first touch and his link up play, technical ability and passing is genuinely quite good, I was mostly impressed with that part. He basically never lost the ball or gave it away.

Yep when we sell him to Madrid in 5/6 years is when his mobility will start to show at the moment he is quick mobile quick thinking and what I like a lot is what yaya has Quick feet.

Not to mention being in a capital city, the climate, the lifestyle, Real Madrid’s istory, and a redeveloped 89,000 Bernabeu stadium.

View attachment 39309

Having been to the Bernabeu when we played Real Madrid in the Semi-final of the CL, I can confirm even then it was an amazing stadium inside, with a fantastic atmosphere. My ears were buzzing from the noise created inside the stadium. (the ear wax didn’t help)

If we pull the Haaland signing off at the expense of Real Madrid, it will be one if the biggest player transfer coups of all time. It won’t be easy against the Real Madrid Galatico player transfer machine and their media, but City can do it.
That stadium looks like a toaster maker

We would adjust style. Haaland would play higher up but drag out one or two defenders with his movement, thus creating space elsewhere. When all’s said and done, each side has 11 players.
We'll adjust to how we play with Jesus/Aguero instead of the striker dropping into the 10 as he is now, he'll switch into the channels with the wingers. Its a pretty simple switch on paper, the upheaval some people are expecting seems weird to me.

Low blocks and getting players on the 2nd balls of him in those games will be key, pretty sure Phil will be pushed with 5-10 yards of him at all times for knockdowns from Kev/Cancelo balls in. His size is a vastly underrated side of his game we can use/exploit (Dortmund have had no need to really)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.