Boris Becker: 2.5 year prison sentence

I tend to agree with that. Not necessarily because I don't think they deserve it - I am sure some do.

But more because we are not locking up scrotes like habitual burglars anything like enough and if we had more prison capacity we could get more vermin off the streets.
His crime is not a victimless one. He owes people millions and is effectively refusing to pay by hiding assets. Buisiness and peoples livelihoods will go to the wall cos this fucker won't pay. If you have ever been owed money by individuals who declared bankruptcy it is the biggest ballache in the world. You are basically footing the bill for them, add in their hiding the money from you an doing everything to not pay you.... he has played chicken with the legal system and lost.

His crime is not a victimless one. He owes people millions and is effectively refusing to pay by hiding assets. Buisiness and peoples livelihoods will go to the wall cos this fucker won't pay. If you have ever been owed money by individuals who declared bankruptcy it is the biggest ballache in the world. You are basically footing the bill for them, add in their hiding the money from you an doing everything to not pay you.... he has played chicken with the legal system and lost.
I think you miss the point of my post really. I am not suggesting his crimes are trivial of not deserving of punishment.

I merely think it's a bit sad that such a formerly successful and seemingly nice bloke should have his world fall apart - whether through his own fault or not - to the extent that he's broke, and now in prison. I feel sorry for him but that doesn't mean I condone what he's done.

Last edited:
I think you miss the point of my post really. I am not suggesting his crimes are trivial of not deserving of punishment.

I merely think it's a bit sad that such a formerly successful and seemingly nice bloke should have his world fall apart - whether through his own fault or not - to the extent that he's broke, and now in prison. I feel sorry for him but that doesn't mean I don't condone what he's done.

So you do condone what he has done?

Apparently only doing 10 months now, the rest on an electronic tag.
Most people get released half way through and it is possible for him to do the last 4.5 months on tag, so the minimum it would be possible for him to get out is 10.5 months like every other non-violent offender. It doesn't mean he will get out then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.