Where would you rank last night in terms of disappointments?

Missed the 5-1 massacre and the following year derby fell on my 21st birthday, was looking all so good with 10 minutes to go and 3-1 up and that twat McClaire scored 2 in 3 minutes…. was gutted

Spurs CL game after that - pure theft, last night was just some nostalgic classic City self harm, so felt like seeing a friend I hadn’t seen in a while

Reactions: SJC
Last night was rough, the final against chelsea was bad but that was more just annoyance of the night as it was clear from the start it was going to be a strange game, now the spurs CL game... now that one is the one that still hits

Spurs 81
Luton
Halifax
Shrewsbury
Brentford
Chelsea & Palace Div 2
Bournemouth 3-3
United 3-3
Spurs FA Cup QF
Liverpool 2-2 relegation
Bury
County x2
Macc Town
Etc etc

Not sure last night gets anywhere near the top 20 of my list of disappointments, but along with the Bournemouth & United games, right up there with how the fuck did we throw that away?

I still have flashbacks over 1981 & crying for the last time over a game of football
Yep. TV goes straight off if there's even a sniff of them about to show the 'highlights' of that game. For a couple of years Villa was the person I most hated on the face of the earth until along came Pleat!

Last night was fucking stupid. We were the better side by a distance over two legs and came unstuck to a ridiculously clinical two minutes from a pretty average player.

Chelsea is a bigger disappointment to me because we went out with barely a fight.

Haven't read through all the thread however some of the games I have seen being mentioned such as Halifax and Shrewsbury were far worse than last night as we just didn't turn up in those games.
The worst ever game for me though is Luton, hadn't been in the bottom three all season and conceded the goal so late on we had no time to reply. Biggest factor though was it being my first relegation, actually walked out of the ground with tears in my eyes.
Last night was just a freak result and overall the two legs were about small margins. Mahrez hitting the post, the Foden follow up being stopped on the line, the Mahrez chance that rolled along the goal line. Last night the two chances for Grealish could have gone in on another day and we would have been looking forward to Paris.
Disappointment yes, but disaster, it's not even close!

I don’t think disappointed is the correct sentiment.
I feel more angry at a) having lost a great opportunity to smash the dippers in Paris having got so close and b) yet again getting fucked over by the officials.

right up there, particularly my football club here is full of either reds. will only get worse if we dont win the league. always bad to concede a late goal in any game e.g. Owens goal, but 2 goals in a semi final is soul destroying. But always had doubts after not killing them off in the first leg.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.