It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

If we have to lose a forward to make some space and/or refresh, Sterling > Jesus > Mahrez in that order.

Sterling > Mahrez > Jesus for me (the main thing is we agree on who should go first though)

Next season 15 outfield players can play in a single game with the 5 subs. Genuinely think our numbers need to go +4 this summer minimum to allow us back to fighting on all 4 fronts and not have to give up a competition just because of a couple of badly timed injuries.

Perfect. This is the main thing we can’t lose sight of. And you might even be modest about it

I’m not sure I understand the De Jong links. I know he can cover as a 6 but his best position is an 8.

In the 8 positions we already have DeBruyne, Silva and Gundogan alongside Foden and Grealish who are natural 8s in my opinion.

As well as a 6, I think the wide forward positions are where we are short.
We’ve got Sterling whose form has been varied for a couple of years and in the last year of his contract and Mahrez who turns 32 next season as our only genuine first team wide players. That leaves Grealish who has failed in the wide left position this year, Alvarez who is a gamble – if he comes good it will be a bonus imo, Foden who will hopefully be playing more centrally and Palmer who has loads of potential but a question mark over whether he can step up and be a genuine first team player. Also with the exception of Sterling there is a lack of genuine pace out wide.

We need a left sided wide player with pace and goals that will complement what we have.
I think the De Jong links stem from the fact that we need a player who is more versatile than your traditional no 6 as Rodri will play the majority of games in the 6 position. FDJ ticks all the boxes for me and will get plenty of game time as he can play as both an 8 and a 6.

There's no way we can sign a top class out and out 6 and keep him happy with game time and I don't think Pep would want a 6 who is at squad player level covering in that role due to the demands he places on that role

I put down a gentleman's bet that Palmer won't be a first team player next season. You and one or two more keep suggesting he could replace various seniour players. He hasn't featured at all since Torres left, won't be replacing mahrez either, or jesus, or any of them. He may get the odd few minutes in games won and cup runs, but not a regular member of the squad that gets relied on.

That said, I really hope we can find one more appearence for him in the last 3 games after one is convincingly won, so that he qualifies for a winners medal should we finish as champions.
He was injured from Jan to April to be fair to the lad.

The Guardian have stated the following this morning.
'The fee is understood to be significantly less than €75m (£64m) that has been widely reported.'
Do you know whether there is there any truth in this claim? I'm a little sceptical given that the piece is, in part, attributed to that sad excuse for a journalist, United fanboy, Jamie Jackson.

Jamie Jackson’s inability to understand FX

He was injured from Jan to April to be fair to the lad.

I knew he was injured, didnt realise it was that long. Though he was back in training since March. He seems to have been back for a while.

Still stand by what I said for next season. It is admirable, but wishful thinking, imagining him breaking into the team and being capable of replacing established players. Would be delighted to he wrong.

Barca put 9 on the chopping block in the clearout.

Neto, Clement Lenglet, Sergino Dest, Oscar Mingueza, Samuel Umtiti, Frenkie de Jong, Riqui Puig, Memphis Depay and Martin Braithwaite will be made available this summer.

Memphis back to the Rags…. After all he’s Dutch !

I think Mahrez can do it for another 3-4 years. A really good squad option. Technically superb. Winning mentality. Never injured. If we have to lose a forward to make some space and/or refresh, Sterling > Jesus > Mahrez in that order.

Remember we’ve been running with a squad of max 17 senior outfield players all season. Next season 15 outfield players can play in a single game with the 5 subs. Genuinely think our numbers need to go +4 this summer minimum to allow us back to fighting on all 4 fronts and not have to give up a competition just because of a couple of badly timed injuries.

Alvarez
Haaland
+2 more (more if we sell)

Theres so much more life in this window yet
We have/will loose Fern, Torres and Mendy already, before U23,s, loans, contract issues and aged players are filtered out.

I knew he was injured, didnt realise it was that long. Though he was back in training since March. He seems to have been back for a while.

Still stand by what I said for next season. It is admirable, but wishful thinking, imagining him breaking into the team and being capable of replacing established players. Would be delighted to he wrong.
Yeah, they nursed him back through the EDS games they wanted to be sure surgery wasn't the best option and just end his season then and get it done.

Wouldnt be surprised if he started the cup games as normal this season, Seems to have alot of trust from Pep. But i wouldnt count him as a starter or taking a spot.

There's no way we can sign a top class out and out 6 and keep him happy with game time and I don't think Pep would want a 6 who is at squad player level covering in that role due to the demands he places on that role
It absolutely wouldn’t be a problem

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.