It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

I think Mahrez can do it for another 3-4 years. A really good squad option. Technically superb. Winning mentality. Never injured. If we have to lose a forward to make some space and/or refresh, Sterling > Jesus > Mahrez in that order.

Remember we’ve been running with a squad of max 17 senior outfield players all season. Next season 15 outfield players can play in a single game with the 5 subs. Genuinely think our numbers need to go +4 this summer minimum to allow us back to fighting on all 4 fronts and not have to give up a competition just because of a couple of badly timed injuries.

Alvarez
Haaland
+2 more (more if we sell)

Theres so much more life in this window yet

It's genuinely absolutely ludicrous that any City fan can seriously say Sterling should leave the side before Jesus - and I'm one of Jesus' biggest fans.

You've just written a paragraph about only having 17 outfield players and you want to keep the one who didn't start a league match for 4 and a half months - despite being fit - because Pep just didn't rate him, and instead get rid of the player who starts more games than anyone on that RW because he's always fit, always available, and even in a bad season contributes more than Jesus' best.

It's genuinely absolutely ludicrous that any City fan can seriously say Sterling should leave the side before Jesus - and I'm one of Jesus' biggest fans.
It seems Sterling has been rejecting our contract offers, which to me only adds to the perception his cycle with us has come to an end, which isn’t what I feel with Mahrez and Jesus. I’ll happily support him next season even if he’s just running down his contract though

It seems Sterling has been rejecting our contract offers, which to me only adds to the perception his cycle with us has come to an end, which isn’t what I feel with Mahrez and Jesus. I’ll happily support him next season even if he’s just running down his contract though

You think the club's let Jesus' contract get down to 1 year for fun? You think no one thought to offer him a new deal?

He's rejected City contracts as well, he just doesn't get slaughtered for it.

I put down a gentleman's bet that Palmer won't be a first team player next season. You and one or two more keep suggesting he could replace various seniour players. He hasn't featured at all since Torres left, won't be replacing mahrez either, or jesus, or any of them. He may get the odd few minutes in games won and cup runs, but not a regular member of the squad that gets relied on.

That said, I really hope we can find one more appearence for him in the last 3 games after one is convincingly won, so that he qualifies for a winners medal should we finish as champions.
Well he was starting to feature until his injury which coincided with Torres going, so he may well have featured more. I think it may have been part of the thinking Either wY my guess is if only one goes of Jesu or Sterling they won’t be replaced, well see

You think the club's let Jesus' contract get down to 1 year for fun?
I think he is more open to staying than Sterling. By your logic, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus and Gundogan all will see their contracts out? Even with Fernandinho it wasn’t clear at the beginning of the season that this would be his last despite the contractual situation

I think he is more open to staying than Sterling. By your logic, Sterling, Mahrez, Jesus and Gundogan all will see their contracts out? Even with Fernandinho it wasn’t clear at the beginning of the season that this would be his last despite the contractual situation

Again, genuinely mindbending that anyone over 12 years old thinks Jesus hasn't been offered a contract and rejected it just like Sterling.

You don't let players in their mid-20s get down to 13 months left on a deal, whether you want to keep or sell them.

Again, genuinely mindbending that anyone over 12 years old thinks Jesus hasn't been offered a contract and rejected it just like Sterling.

You don't let players get down to 13 months left on a deal, whether you want to keep or sell them.
I KNOW he has been offered a new contract. Have you considered that Jesus might be trying to get a better contract with us?

I do hope that they at least look at Kabore during per season, and if he doesn't look the part, let him return to Troyes or flog him. Would save us a lot of money. He looks like he is beginning to stagnate at Troyes and desperately needs more coaching. I would love to see him up against Mane again.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.