Kalvin Phillips | Joins City on a 6-year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The people who complain about the fees we pay are dismissive of two things:

a) We bought Bernardo, Ferran and Gundo for the price of Pogba. We then sold Ferran for £45m and bought Haaland and Alvarez for just £20m more - we have made some incredibly astute deals but they are rarely discussed.
b) We are investing large sums to build our business. The worldwide profile of the sports side of the club is reflected in the enormous growth of the business, becoming one of the world's largest sports operations, and one of the fastest-growing of the last decade. Investing in the sporting aspect delivers enhanced share value and, consequently, enhanced investor income, sponsorship and consequential club value.

We have had a decade of unbroken sporting success because of the investment in players and infrastructure. Our profile is that of one of the world's biggest teams and was nothing, relatively speaking, only ten years ago.

Last edited:
Think you're missing the gripe

It's not that I care that we are spending £50mil

Fuck it...I'd like for us to spend £400mil this summer just to blow the world away

But this whole thread is about our views on transfers

And some people are going to complain that we are spending too much on someone who, to me and a lot of others, is fairly average

The man is worth less than £50mil, just like Jack was worth less than £100mil (and that Ake was worth less than £40mil)....we have been burnt recently by buying in League and had those fees been better utilised we may have a better squad (obviously yes the squad is unreal but we're still missing that champions league)

Talking hypotheticals....we would have spent £150mil on Jack and Phillips. For that we could've got Luis Dias (£45mil), Camavinga (£40mil) and had enough yo buy Cucurella and it'll be still less than those two

It's not about whether we care about the club spending money, it's just we want to try get the best bang for our buck

For the record, I think £35mil it's a good deal but for £50mil there are better and younger players we could and should be targetting
You don't rate him which is fine, I noticed no examples of who we should be looking at

He has been playing under bielsa for a few years, if you think pep doesn't talk to him all the time then that would make you very naive

The fact that bielsa built a team round him, his obvious development last season and the impact of his injuries on the this season added to the fact pep likes and wants him would have me leaning towards their opinion rather than yours

You also assume we could have had Diaz, again this is based on nothing but we could have bid, transfers don't work this way and haven't for years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.