Marc Cucurella

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.webp
Is Fat Boy Slim still in Brighton?

Honestly, those saying we don't need another fullback clearly didn't watch us almost capitulate in the majority of competitions at the end of last year. I love our team, our squad but my word we conceded more in the last 5 games or so than almost the first half of the season.

Stones is a sick note, so the moment Dias/Laporte pick up a knock, Ake is then covering at CB. So who on Earth covers the LB? That's without mentioning we have no cover at RB either. We had Fernandinho at RB vs RM and look how much that cost us.

So yeah, I trust Txiki & Pep, but those saying we don't NEED one are missing a screw.

We may be unwilling to pay 50m for Cucu because we see him as a good option to rotate Cancelo and Walker, but not as improving our first XI. And maybe rightly so.

Cancelo is probably the most underrated City player on here. He's the only FB in the world who can be great both on the right and on the left. None of the top FBs in the league is versatile to that extent. Imagine Walker and TAA at LB or Robertson at RB. Plus, Cancelo is extremely fit and can play over 50 games in a season. The idea that Cucu comes here and is automatically better than Cancelo is a bit naive.

In short, we have a LB, and he's the best in the league. Aganst weaker teams we may play Cancelo on the right and the new FB (Cucu) on the left, against stronger teams we go with Walker and Cancelo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.