Sergio Gomez | Joins City on a four year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to get him as well as one more 'senior' one as Ornstein has put it. No pressure on a young guy in a new league and new position to perform and will mean he can develop without issue.

I'm hoping the 'senior' one is Sosa, personally.
I agree. I like the idea of two players for every position, particularly across the back four and in DM. Not square-peg options or youngsters who get 60 minutes of action in a season. Regardless of what people think about Clichy and Kolarov, they were both senior players born in the same year and neither felt they didn't get enough game time.

We needed a left-back before we let Zinchenko go so I’m all in favour of 2

We needed a left back when Zin played left back in truth. Pros, Nice lad, didn`t cause us a problem, Not bad when dropping in and supplementing the midfield while playing at left back.

Cons not strong enough, not fast enough. Struggled to get to the by-line to get a cross in and not great at defense.

I always wanted him to succeed, he just never reach a level

We needed a left back when Zin played left back in truth. Pros, Nice lad, didn`t cause us a problem, Not bad when dropping in and supplementing the midfield while playing at left back.

Cons not strong enough, not fast enough. Struggled to get to the by-line to get a cross in and dont great at defense.

I always wanted him to succeed, he just never reach a level
Zin has somehow morphed into Roberto Carlos since he was sold.

if we sign him i hope he stays anyway and starts to learn the pep way? Looks a talent and pep could maybe make him top class.

Agree with others. If we sign him and another full back then keep him in and around the squad. Seems he can play loads of positions and would be good depth

Said this about him on May 1st in the left back thread and still think it holds:

‘It's also important as we no longer have someone with Sane's skillset and Foden deserves to play in midfield next season. Sergio Gomez would be a sensible option as he'd adapt to the system more quickly having come through Barcelona. He's also better than Zinchenko/Cancello in attacking the outside in the final third and he presumably wouldn't cost a fortune. I don't think we should be necessarily looking for the complete left-back, ala Cancello/Walker on the right, rather someone who has the things we currently don't have and who can thus complement Zinchenko/Cancello/Ake.’

If we do sign Gomez, I hope we also keep Kabore. A year at the club could save us a fortune and another window in a couple of seasons.
Great divination.

from ornsteins report it either sounds like it’s gonna be two 20m fullbacks coming in or city loaning Gomez out and signing one separately. Hope so anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.