It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Not everyone FB we want to buy can be worth 50 mill after one good season, see mendy. Even more so when his stats are nothing out of the ordinary, its not like we are speaking about a player with stupid amount of goal contributions. He is a good player worth around 30 mill playing for a team who value him either.

Same situation as grealish, he might be their best player but the value to us doesn’t match his value to them. The difference is we for some reason paid the money to Villa.
Situation is different in one way, for me at least. We had so many wingers who can play both sides. Torres Jesus Sterling Foden all perfectly out there, could stick Bernie out there at a pinch. Not quite the same when it comes to us having one LB who is better as RB, and he's one of two fullbacks.

McAtee medical at Sheff U reported.

Pep's comments that in the past he'd relished working with a small squad plus club youngsters was one of the pillars holding me together. But if the youngsters go....?

Something must be brewing, or we're taking a very odd path, given this is the five sub year.
the youngsters have been around the 1st team for almost 2 season now, they will go play and the next group will step up into training and playing EDS games

Just posted in the LB thread, but here's the deal.

I like Cucurella and have wanted him, but whilst I can make some sense of 50m given the need and other economic factors I wrote about the other day, if you're going to overpay maybe it's better when for players that are either:
  1. English/HG registered eligible - We know this is a requirement for PL/CL registration, that finding high quality players to fit our level is difficult, and adding English players helps with creditibility/reputation that we are seeking to improve in England.

2. More clearly seen as a either world class or a viewed as a better bet to become a future world class calibre talent.
Does Cucurella as a massive overpay fit this, also given the consequences we have seen for clubs that overpay too easily (that was us, and now seems to be Chelsea desperate to improve their back line)?

Gvardiol, for example, who can play as that hybrid LB/CB that Walker plays on the right is 100% seen as this type of player from what I understand and has been for longer.

I have a feeling this is what is going on with our transfer policy the past 2 summers, whilst still placing limits based on value.

If Kane was younger and Haaland was never going to be available, then maybe we pay what Levy wants. We passed and look what we got instead.

You can see why we are more ready to take this position because more and more players want to play for us than 5 years ago, and right now Spanish clubs are broke, and Bayern and Serie A can't hang.

Why is it clearly a budget thing? I'm pretty sure that if a much better LB than Cucurella like say Theo Hernandez was available for 50m, we would have no problem paying the fee. Think it has more to do with that we dont think offering a world record fee for a LB represents good value when that LB has one good season in a mid table PL team as the career highlight at the age of 24.
Theo Hernandez is not gonna be available for that fee. Ever.

Who remembers these guys back at the club and not loaned out yet?
-
ESTAC Troyes
Issa KaboréIssa Kaboré
Right-Back
May 12, 2001 (21)
Burkina Faso
£3.60m
-
Girona FC
Nahuel BustosNahuel Bustos
Centre-Forward
Jul 4, 1998 (24)
Argentina
£2.70m
-
KV Kortrijk
Ante PalaversaAnte Palaversa
Central Midfield
Apr 6, 2000 (22)
Croatia
£1.35m
-
KV Kortrijk
Marlos MorenoMarlos Moreno
Right Winger
Sep 20, 1996 (25)
Colombia
£

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.