Gas & Electricity

It will be cheaper to run a petrol car soon!
It'd have to get pretty cheap to beat 300 miles at a fiver or so a pop. If they didn't offer EV tariffs in today's climate then it'd really be a struggle though to justify even though a charge is still half the price of petrol.

My diesel costs £70-£80 to fill up at the moment, plus car tax £500 per year, servicing £300 per year.... EV's don't have any of these costs so in the grand scheme of things it's all about weighing things up.

Heard a sensible (imo) suggestion. Government steps in and fixes tarrifs at current cap rates. You the build up a debt against current rates vs new cap rates. This builds until price of gas drops and then you start paying off the debt until it's paid off and then you can switch to cheaper rates. Would mean government underwriting debt until rates drop.

btw a kwh is the amount of electricity consumed in an hour. If you have a heater that is rated at 2Kw and you run it for an hour you have used 2kwh of electricity.

It’s fucking rocket science!
It's o level physics. In SI units. Force in newtons. Mass in kg. Acceleration due to gravity in metres per second squared. F = mg. Work is force x distance in Nm or 1 Joule. J. Distance in metres. Power is work done in time taken ie Jouies per second or Watts. I tend to think of it like this and then it makes sense.

It's o level physics. In SI units. Force in newtons. Mass in kg. Acceleration due to gravity in metres per second squared. F = mg. Work is force x distance in Nm or 1 Joule. J. Distance in metres. Power is work done in time taken ie Jouies per second or Watts. I tend to think of it like this and then it makes sense.
Thought it was that aright!

Absolutely makes sense if your name is Professor Brian fucking Cox lol ;-)

I preferred ergs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.