What If Everyone Supported Their Nearest Football Club?

• Thread starter Deleted member 77198
  • Start date
Fair point re Brighton.

I know what you mean but I guess I'm talking from a more fan culture point of view. I just think the biggest cities should be represented in the league I'd even support seeing the Glasgow teams work their way into it
Yes I get the point about the fans but clubs like Brum, Portsmouth, the Sheffield clubs etc have to earn it. However, the OF teams are my red line - keep the cunts in their 2-team league.

I'd much rather see a league full of teams from major cities. Like Leeds, Nottingham, Birmingham, etc. Fuck off Bournemouth and Brighton and Brentford for good

Couldn’t disagree more. I think it’s great when teams like Oldham, Blackpool, Wimbledon, Swindon etc. get their little spell in the sun. And a bit pedantic but Brentford are from a pretty major city.

I'm happy to see my nearest club, Altrincham, on the list. It's only a 20 minute or so walk to the ground, and my introduction to the joys of live football began in the 60's at Moss Lane.

I still go and watch them. It's refreshing to see a game of football without the physio ever coming onto the pitch, standing on the terraces next to a bloke with a pint in his hand and a fag in his mouth.

I'm happy to see my nearest club, Altrincham, on the list. It's only a 20 minute or so walk to the ground, and my introduction to the joys of live football began in the 60's at Moss Lane.

I still go and watch them. It's refreshing to see a game of football without the physio ever coming onto the pitch, standing on the terraces next to a bloke with a pint in his hand and a fag in his mouth.

You are Anthony Taylor and I claim my £5

Too much to bear if yer live in L4.

I'd be stuck with Rochdale, and as they are currently occupying a relegation spot all those days queuing for an ST not knowing which fucking league City would be in the following season would all come flooding back. Mind, Dale did get an away win at the weekend. If it weren't Dale then it'd be Oldham! Jeez, how lucky to have been born in Crumpsall and dragged up in Blackley!

If I supported the club I grew up around I would be an Arsenal fan. Thankfully I had proper parenting and guidance to steer me well clear of that trap. The nearest club to where I currently live is quite a big championship club that have recently been in the PL and I have grown quite fond of them, living amongst their fans for years.

Couldn’t disagree more. I think it’s great when teams like Oldham, Blackpool, Wimbledon, Swindon etc. get their little spell in the sun. And a bit pedantic but Brentford are from a pretty major city.
Totally agree with this - the English League system does allow pretty much all it's members the opportunity to progress at least to the lower reaches of the top tier.
I believe that 50 different clubs have played in the top flight (since it became the Premier League) which, for a league of 92 clubs, is pretty amazing and allows all but the smallest the opportunity to progress.
For example, it is not completely unbelievable that Cheltenham Town - my local team - could get there. Hell, even a Bristol club might do it - lol!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.