Ref Watch

It's in the LOTG, so it should happen. It's Taylor's job to know the LOTG, and there are only seventeen of them.

Anyway, here are two examples of it happening - both in the same game, both for the same team, both in the same phase of play.

It’s one example of two second yellow cards being dished out twice.

Neither we’re red card offences, unlike Klopp’s.

Taylor was a **** yesterday who let them kick fuck out of us, again. The idea that he wasn’t in league with the twat on VAR is laughable.
he let a lot go safe in the knowledge only City would get pulled up.
usually a lesser experienced ref will not pull up a senior ref unless it’s a really obvious mistake, England or whatever the **** is called must have seen loads going unpunished, and knew what the deal was. BUT surprise surprise the bastard jumped straight in knowing he had single handedly scratched out our goal.

I thought he was ok to be honest for the most part. It was a tough game to ref that.

I agree but I do think that referees have to adapt their standards to VAR or allow VAR to be used in accordance with their standards.

Refs allowing the game to flow is simply incompatible with VAR. Unless we all agree that sequences which lead to goals should be judged completely different to any other phase of play.

Taylor was a **** yesterday who let them kick fuck out of us, again. The idea that he wasn’t in league with the twat on VAR is laughable.
he let a lot go safe in the knowledge only City would get pulled up.
usually a lesser experienced ref will not pull up a senior ref unless it’s a really obvious mistake, England or whatever the **** is called must have seen loads going unpunished, and knew what the deal was. BUT surprise surprise the bastard jumped straight in knowing he had single handedly scratched out our goal.

Kicked fuck out of us? Come on mate. This sort of paranoid nonsense doesn’t do debate any good. Seriously, I may have missed something but apart from the foul by Fabinho that he was rightly booked for, was there another bad foul in the whole game by either cause?

Kicked fuck out of us? Come on mate. This sort of paranoid nonsense doesn’t do debate any good. Seriously, I may have missed something but apart from the foul by Fabinho that he was rightly booked for, was there another bad foul in the whole game by either cause?

Thiago alone could have been sent off for his various “challenges”.

It’s too late to watch that tonight, but will have a look in the morning.

If it’s a red given after an advantage played, that’s 1 example in 7 years.
Can you provide examples where the referee stopped play during a clear advantaged attack to send off a manager (especially the manager of the defending team)?

It’s too late to watch that tonight, but will have a look in the morning.

If it’s a red given after an advantage played, that’s 1 example in 7 years.
There was another when Correa was sent off in the 92nd minute of the second leg of Bayern v Sevilla in April 2018 in the CL. There is some debate whether that was an advantage played or the incident was missed by the referee. But as the foul was clear and on the player with the ball, the referee cannot have missed it. I can't find a clip of the full incident.

There will be other examples in video archives and plenty more not recorded by TV cameras.

It's true, these situations are rare. But I speak as a former referee in saying that every referee knows to play an advantage if possible, even when a sending off is necessary. And I also believe most referees even down in junior football, will deal with officials when the ball is out of play.

To argue that Taylor was correct in this situation is wrong, especially when the LOTG explicitly provides for advantage to be played when a red card is appropriate, and when there is clear precedence presented to you. I challenge you to show me one other incident when a referee stopped play to deal with a team official when an advantage should or could have been played.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.