Food From Your Youth

View attachment 61093
Did anyone ever claim to like Spam Fritters ? They were absolutely awful. I can only imagine what present day kids would make of them.

Faggots - can’t see those going down well either. Meatballs made with offal and the most non PC name you can find.
Farmfoods sell Spam Fritters. Not tried them though, I'm not Scottish; )

Not exact food but, an older brother of a guy I hung around with as a kid worked in Cadbury’s and we used to love Friday evenings when he’d come down the road with a brown paper bag of broken Crunchies.
My mum used to work in a Middleton factory packing Mars confectionary....she'd bring home mix bags of choc bars for me and my friends now and then. I was popular those days.

Did anyone ever claim to like Spam Fritters ? They were absolutely awful. I can only imagine what present day kids would make of them.

Faggots - can’t see those going down well either. Meatballs made with offal and the most non PC name you can find.
Even worse at my junior school as it was a small village and the food was driven in from a small town a few miles down the road. By the time it got there it had cooled off and everything had gone soft in the sealed containers

Bloody hell loved them myself,usually two packs in the carton rice in one and the curry in the other just add water and into the pan always loved the paella one lovely,wonder if you can still get these ..
Also the Vesta chow mein,put the noodles in the frying pan and watch them all start curling up.

I’ve been getting tapioca in the care home, not seen it’s since I was in infant school, trust me there’s a reason you don’t see it much.
We used to get tapioca and pineapple. Or was it semolina and pineapple. Either way it was rank but came back up easy as the dinner lady who made me finish my portion found out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.