Jude Bellingham

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh come on, Gerrard is an all time great!
Even as a City fan you must appreciate that?

Imagine if you flipped it the other way round and said he wants to win the Champions League and feels more likely to do it at Liverpool as they've been in three finals recently whereas Man City have never won it?

Mask starting to slip.

I understand the Gerrard hate but I am a passionate England fan too, plus he did a great job of winding up my Villa mates who couldn't wait to tell me that his arrival was a sign that the club were back in the bigtime when they got him!

May not mean much to you bit generally Villa fans are the worst in the Midlands, probably how you see Liverpool fans I'd imagine?

Mods we have another who is getting above himself , another Gregory Peckory ?

I have to say I’m very confused by this one. @tolmie's hairdoo has obviously heard some positive news but scouse media has gone into overdrive. We’ve seen other clubs getting giddy over players that end up at City but this is something else entirely.

I do wonder if Bellingham has said yes to both clubs because he wants to play in the premier league regardless. Maybe he’s told Liverpool he’ll join if they agree a fee and get champions league. Maybe he said yes to us as a back up, if Liverpool can’t pay he’ll join us.

While I don’t doubt @tolmie's hairdoo and his info I do wonder if the club are being played. It wouldn’t be the first time.

I have to say I’m very confused by this one. @tolmie's hairdoo has obviously heard some positive news but scouse media has gone into overdrive. We’ve seen other clubs getting giddy over players that end up at City but this is something else entirely.

I do wonder if Bellingham has said yes to both clubs because he wants to play in the premier league regardless. Maybe he’s told Liverpool he’ll join if they agree a fee and get champions league. Maybe he said yes to us as a back up, if Liverpool can’t pay he’ll join us.

While I don’t doubt @tolmie's hairdoo and his info I do wonder if the club are being played. It wouldn’t be the first time.
I think the days of the club being played have definitely sailed

You’re absolutely right, of course - FSG have shown they’re quite happy to throw the Club’s money about liberally when they want to, so this whole ‘Liverpool work on a shoestring budget’ line is nothing more than a disingenuous myth peddled to the point of becoming the accepted truth by their obsequious media lackeys.

This is more about the willingness of their owners to break their own transfer record and the transfer record for an English player when they’re actively trying to get out of the Club.

These are their own potential profits from owning the club which they’d be sacrificing to bring in at a player the next regime would likely get all the credit for - which is the bit that doesn’t make any sense.

Owners in any field just don’t behave like this when they’re trying to sell.

The only way I see then getting him - given Dortmund will play hard ball and won’t be interested in their attempts at negotiating the fee down - is if they have new owners in place by the summer.

In which case, I’d say he’s more than likely to be their statement signing kicking off a new era.
I honestly think if they decided they really wanted him they would have the money to do it without new owners, they may even be forced into it with the press pushing him at Liverpool so much, if they don't sign him their fans will be livid after all the emotion and arrogant bluster they've put into signing him now. They have a very similar income to us and so could put the money together if they wanted without breaking FFP in the same way we can.

The biggest problem they have though is that they also need a massive rebuild of their aging squad over the next couple of seasons. They may go the United route of splashing the cash on a big name player to keep the press and fans happy and then buying a few low cost lower quality players to pad the squad out. The trouble they'll have there though is that since we changed our computer logins they've been pretty poor at sniffing out a bargain like we have been able to with Akanji, Alvarez, etc so that will definitely impact them on the pitch.

I do have some concerns about us buying him for the same reasons though. Will the costs being talked about take up an entire summers transfer budget? I have no idea really but looking at our squad realistically we will have to replace De Bruyne and, particularly, Gundogan sooner rather than later, possibly Bernardo too. We also need a quality full back or two and that's without taking into account Walker's age. Mahrez is also coming to an age where we need to be thinking of a replacement for him so we're looking at a bit of a rebuild ourselves, especially in midfield. With that in mind is it worth spending the touted €150m on one player (who's very talented but seems quite inconsistent at the moment) or should we look at using the same amount of money to bring in 2 or 3 high quality players instead? I have no idea personally and don't really care either way if I'm being honest, Pep and Txiki have an excellent recruitment record so they'll know better than any of us what the plan is.

I only nipped on this thread as the Bellingham to Liverpool stuff is popping up all over the place now and wondered if there was anything going on but it would appear that it's mostly just the press using him to keep Liverpool in the news and it should all be taken with a pinch of salt. I think Tolmie mentioning that Klopp has had a meltdown about us pretty much sorting out signing Bellingham is the most positive thing to say we've got a good chance of Txiki getting his signing jumper out in Dortmund, Klopp certainly had a bit of a breakdown just before the World Cup started and seemed to throw his toys out of the pram in much less subtle way than normal which if it was over them losing out on Bellingham will make it even funnier.

It's more likely imo, that the dippers are the ones being played, and the silly cunts always without fail, desperately want to believe that they are leading the chase for him ( or anybody we are linked with ).

And it could just Klopp being his usual FSG lackie and mouthpiece, when recently coming out and saying that the dippers can't compete with the Oil kings ie City and PSG, when the first noise about a deal between City and Bellingham was raised.

Not sure that FSG are really looking to buy when their immediate priority is to try and unload the dippers due to the outcome of the failed Super League attempt.

Anyway as most things connected with the dippers are fucking toxic and inane, I prefer to treat them with the contempt that they deserve.

How can the club be played? Bellingham stringing us along to get a Liverpool move? If city, a huge business in many ways, with some of the best minds in football can’t see when they are being hoodwinked then I am amazed we have made it so far since Mansour took control -:)

If you are right then the player is not for us anyway.

Just re the United stuff: I heard they made promises to his family about his brother Jobe after the move to Dortmund in an attempt to put themselves in pole position for when he left Dortmund but then didn't fulfil them. So really ruled themselves out through stupidity as much as anything else.

Don't know anything about that one, bud.

Let’s be realistic
Bellingham would be an idiot to say yes or no to either team
Look at the amount of deals that break down Sanchez, cucurella, Jorginho, ronaldo……
There is a fee to be agreed with dortmund, whether teams are in champions league, who owns them
To get the best deal he would be talking to both clubs and encouraging them
We just have to make ourselves the best option on the pitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.