Liverpool fans throwing missiles from South Stand Level 3

I haven't gone back through the thread, but I presume that I am correct in saying that their defence of the behaviour of their ferals, is to claim that it is all because of the Hillsborough taunts etc ?

So long as these people keep using that claim as a sheild, there is no chance whatsever of them ever moving foward, or improving their behaviour.

But I believe that the current magagement regime encourages their lawless behaviour, in so far as the rabble rousing from Klopp is seen as a " stamp of approval " to them. Messages from him telling them it was ok to go to Paris without a ticket ?? How fucking irresponsible is that and to be honest the evidence of the past suggests that they dont actually need that much encouragement. Also the arselicking media covers and makes excuses for the club and the role Klopp plays in it all. Where were the headlines condemning his statement ?

I suspect that the rest of football is fed up with LFC and the fall-out from their supporters who cause so much ill-feeling and offence to decent supporters who simply want to go and watch their teams play a game of football rather than engage in organised gang violence and warfare.

Last edited:
Agree I would even have a safety net along both sides of the dippers in April.

Any authority that says City cant should be held fully accountable should anything happen.

Put it I the risk assessment only a fool would over ride the safety officers risk assessment

If City do that the Liverpool fans will claim they are being singled out by City. They will use the victim card again. It will cause more animosity from Liverpool fans. And I doubt very much LFC would be happy about such an arrangement in the light of this new and forced friendship and understanding between the people who run both clubs. Not the fans.

The match will be heavily policed with additional stewards and CCTV in operation covering the away areas of the Etihad.

What we all have to remember is City v Liverpool is now as high octane as United v Liverpool, and GMP have had decades dealing with the United v Liverpool rivalry, so they won’t be overly concerned. GMP would be more concerned if City drew Millwall at home in the FA Cup, having to deal with 3000-6000 Millwall fans.

Unfortunately there isn’t anywhere else to put 6000 away fans in the Etihad. When City play United in the League Cup or FA Cup at OT, City get 9000 tickets. 3000 in the official away end, and 6000 tickets in the top tier of the K-stand, above the United fans in the bottom tier of the K-stand.

If you remember the last time City played United at OT in the cup, City fans were kept in after the match, the **** of a club played “Glory, Glory Man United as loud as they could through the tannoy system, and United fans were throwing objects and missiles from the quadrant overlooking the City fans.

Last edited:
We have done SSL1 as the cup away end before, in FA Cup, not sure if it became and issue hence why we stopped

I am sure the logistics of entering the ground is a factor and the normal away area or teir 3 are the safer options for entry or exit to police, hence why done.

the normal away offer should be all we give if we need to provide more by using SS3 then the first 4 rows should be unavailable and netted to avoid projectiles.

with the new bar/dj area built in the SSL1 cocourse, it is never gonna be used for away fans again unless the police tell us to so no point expecting it
Where there's a will there's a way....close the bar and nail it up for the odd occasion.

Half ss1 was given over to oppo fans pre ss3 without safety issues.

People try to find problems where none exist...unfortunately common sense is no longer very common !!

Have a big fucking net rolled up on the top of that roof, the first missile that comes down, down comes the netting to stop anymore, fan safety should come first.
Laughable that the Scousers want everyone's sympathy but are ok to throw objects onto kids, always the victims.
Burnley did that exact thing at the derby v blackburn recently, due to the expected trouble, it was so obvious what was going to happen thur yet city did nothing? the mind boggles

View attachment 64291
Seen some bizarre excuses but this tops it
Absolute bollcks:-

1. The netting across the first few rows would have prevented access to the front wall.
2. IIRC the top of the wall is slanted down towards the stand. So nothing can be balanced on top.
3. Who the fuck does a collection for the driver at HT in the ground?

Always The Victim, Never Your Fault!

City would have to Police and Steward 3 tiers if they split the SS in half for cup games. They aren’t going to do that. It would be a nightmare for them. They are happy having 6000 away fans in SSL3 and in one place.

The solution is easy, relatively cheap, and would only take a couple of hours to do and undo. Put metal brackets into the front inner wall of SSL3, insert tall metal polls with thin netting on them, and stretch the netting out along the front of SSL3. Done!

The thin netting might obscure the view for the away fans a bit, but anything they throw will be stopped by the netting. Having the netting up itself will deter away fans from throwing objects.

I haven't gone back through the thread, but I presume that I am correct in saying that their defence of the behaviour of their ferals, is to claim that it is all because of the Hillsborough taunts etc ?
You've missed out it would appear, apparently it was all because of Thatcher we've been reliably informed.

Absolute bollcks:-

1. The netting across the first few rows would have prevented access to the front wall.
2. IIRC the top of the wall is slanted down towards the stand. So nothing can be balanced on top.
3. Who the fuck does a collection for the driver at HT in the ground?

Always The Victim, Never Your Fault!
That post is somebody taking the piss out of the Scousers propensity to throw out any lie to deflect blame from their fans. It's worrying, and says a lot about them, that the post isn't immediately seen as parody as it would be if it was any other club involved.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.