United (A) | Post Match Thread

So you can run alongside the ball shift your body, imitate change of direction and block paths and not be impacting the play now?

I'm not a conspiracy theorist by any means but that was as corrupt a decision as you'll ever see, ever!

of course he's interfering, if he stops and stands still, fine, play on not interfering, but he's carried on his run exactly as he would if he's onside, it's not even smart to not touch it, I think he's only left it because it was on his left foot and Fernandes was coming onto it and probably gives him a late shout.

In a scenario where Rashford isn't there after stopping, it's a straight race between akanji walker and Fernandes to the ball, Fernandes from further back and being much slower than the other two doesnt get anywhere near the ball, they all go directly towards the ball with no hesitation, something that both defenders suffered purely because of Rashford presence and it's swept up with zero problem. It's a criminally disgusting decision. Even arsenal and united fans, the two beneficiaries of the corruption think that's too obvious. What a fucking farce!

Anyway, ignoring that decision and the pen on Haaland which looked a pen to me for a moment, I thought we got the plan right for the first 60 minutes, controlled the game first half whilst staying tight enough to deal with their non-league away counter tactics, created very little but that was fine, was half was about not falling behind then second half we pushed on which got us the deserved lead.

The problem was we went into sit back mode once we scored, we had to carry on as if we hadn't scored and push for the second, it was there if we wanted it but our mentality was shit, forward passes were ignored constantly to pass backwards instead and kill the momentum.

the liklihood of seeing out a 1-0 was very slim and was a poor decision to try that's cost us, I'm assuming that has come from Pep. Soon as they got ahead we were never breaking them down.

That one decision to not push on has cost us along with some atrocious officiating.

Constructive criticism. We're focused on possession not goals. We don't risk through balls enough. Regardless of his goals Haaland is a passenger in this type of tactical possession obsessed football. we've battled and battled but you could count the good first halves we've had on one hand this season. What's kneejerk about that? We're horrible to watch right now.
If you can show me where I said that sort of post is knee jerk, please do.

By the way Arsenal are still 5/4 at the bookies to win it. Looking like a shout

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.