United (A) | Post Match Thread

No one expected Foden and Gundogan to fall off a cliff and for Bernardo to be want away all season or for Dias, Laporte, Walker and Stones to miss significant game time through injury.

You should always expect Stones to be injured. I'm more surprised when he's fit.

Gundogan was slow as fuck last season, they should have expected the same this time.

They knew Fernandinho was leaving so the replace one of the best midfielders we've ever had with a mediocre and always injured Phillips.

We've needed a left back for years so they recruit, a clearly not good enough, Gomez.

We know how Haaland plays but Pep still wants him to play like a false 9 which nullifies his strengths.

Shown more passion arguing with ref at the end.

All on pep.

1-0 & we have full backs bombing forward in a tight game is ridiculous. Manage that gave & we win that

No Alvarez at 2-1 is insane.

Pep is not interested anymore & utd were shit
His and the players' game management is just awful...

View attachment 65996

He was clearly attempting to play the ball and makes an obvious action which interferes with impacts on an opponent playing the ball - the latter because Ederson stopped & anticipated a shot from Rashford; Akanji ran towards Rashford's run, rather than a blocking run towards Fernandes.
He makes no attempt to play the ball (we are quoting the same thing BTW).

Why cant the defenders make a tackle...he doesnt block them

Ederson is not impeded....Rashford does not stop Ederson moving towards the ball (which is what it says)

Yes I agree as Ive said numours times....Rashford affected the decision making of Akanji and Walker.....but he did nothing to physically stop them playing the ball and thats what the law implies.....

Agree. First half dreadful. Second half much better but we stopped after scoring and then got shafted obviously….. but there is an underlying issue ongoing. We need to snap out of it quick
It’s gonna be too late soon. We’ve taken 7 points from the last 15 and look so far off we will keep dropping points. It’s gone past just a dip in form, this is now a worrying trend that’s been simmering for a while now.

I don’t think the performance was fine. First half was just as bad as Wednesday night. Second half was ok against a wank United side, but still miles off of anything like our standards.
Don't agree. United are a good side and we were on their turf. They have a right to make things tricky for us and they did, but we rode it out and made good changes to get on top. We were a bit slow in the first half but were much the better team for 30 mins of the second half and we were well on for a good smash and grab. But then, as I said, VAR decided to forget the offside rule and the game turned on a dime. It's a rare day that City lose and I'm not pointing fingers at some deficiency in the set-up, or a lack of overall control, but we have been properly screwed over by disgraceful officiating.

Bad day all round. Their ground is a shit hole. Met with a barrage of missiles going in whilst the police stood and watched. Inside the ground the size of the concourse and toilets is a serious incident waiting to happen.

Congrats to GMP keeping us in for 30 minutes even denying us the basic right to use the toilets and when they let us out walked straight into a mass of united fans so that was a pointless but provoking episode.

As for the game yet again to slow and pedestrian. One shot on target in two games a real worry. Looked lethargic for most of the game with foden and haaland unable to get into the game.

Mentality is a big worry, controversial first goal and our heads went which lead to the second. Not sure what the issue is or the fix but the fact the rags are one point behind us is a real cause for concern and unless we resolve our issues quick this season is in danger of imploding just as we start a big season defining 6 weeks of football
The implode started a while ago I think.

We were away in a derby and had total control of the game - what more can you ask for? You don’t have to win 4-5 nil.
What more can I ask for? Making their keeper work for a start.

We were cheated for their equaliser imo but we were also average, both things can be true.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.