Are City a better all round team without Haaland?

This notion that we don't create enough chances for Haaland is bonkers.

He's scored 21 league goals already. That's a lot! Also, he misses chances in some games, in particular vs Liverpool in the CS game and the league. As things go, he's likely to break the PL scoring record with games to spare. He needs what, 5-6 goals to break Aguero's record in all compets in a season. That's absolutely sensational. Haaland should have scored 5 vs Leeds recently.

It's impossible to create clear chances for the striker in every game. Also, we shouldn't be completely dependent for goals on Haaland. Pep and the team will need time to figure out how to use him even better than in the 1st half of the season. It's possible and likely to happen.

Pep's worst season at Barca was when Messi scored 73 goals in all compets. Barca won nothing big that season and Pep resigned. City shouldn't depend on Haaland like Barca on Messi back then. Haaland plays for City, not City for Haaland.
You are just wrong here. If we had Sterling and Jesus instead of Haaland this season we would be 6th now, as they would have scored only half as many goals. Haalands efficiency has papered over some average performances this season. He has had one good chance the last 3 league games and scored (Everton).

Citys first 9 league games: 33 goals

Last 9 league games: 13 goals. Haaland scored 6 of our goals in this period. This is a collective problem, and Haaland is not to blame at all.

Last edited:
He really annoys me. He was annoying me then he would shut me up by scoring a hatrick but now he does nothing.

Since just before the break his movement has been really poor. He turns like the titanic which affects our pressing & has developed a poor touch & hasn’t even looked strong when holding players off.

Im not sure if he’s injured but he’s reminding me of tranny boy. We all said we wouldn’t want him cos he does fuck all but score & yet we put up with this. I wish Madrid would make an offer quick.
Grealish + Mahrez got only 4 goals and 4 assists combined after half a league season. But sure, lets have a go at our only consistent attacker. Jesus christ

Grealish + Mahrez got only 4 goals and 4 assists combined after half a league season. But sure, lets have a go at our only consistent attacker. Jesus christ

Mate, no one wants him to be a success more than me. I’m unsure whether he’s had a knock but his movement seems really poor, it wasn’t like that until his injury.
I very rarely criticise any of our players, defended Jesus & others when they’ve not scored & I can always find a way they contribute but, without his goals there’s not a lot to defend.
His goal scoring has been impressive, best ever & I want him to return to form. First few games I saw him make runs & the others didn’t use him. Then they used him & he got a hatful, now I’m not seeing the runs.

Watching him he frustrates me but I love being made to look a dick by the big bastard. Hopefully he gets another 40 & you can remind me.

For balance you can add the same about Ederson, he’s in the team for his distribution. I love him & believe it adds so much to our game. His distribution has been terrible lately as has many in the team.

Mate, no one wants him to be a success more than me. I’m unsure whether he’s had a knock but his movement seems really poor, it wasn’t like that until his injury.
I very rarely criticise any of our players, defended Jesus & others when they’ve not scored & I can always find a way they contribute but, without his goals there’s not a lot to defend.
His goal scoring has been impressive, best ever & I want him to return to form. First few games I saw him make runs & the others didn’t use him. Then they used him & he got a hatful, now I’m not seeing the runs.

Watching him he frustrates me but I love being made to look a dick by the big bastard. Hopefully he gets another 40 & you can remind me.

For balance you can add the same about Ederson, he’s in the team for his distribution. I love him & believe it adds so much to our game. His distribution has been terrible lately as has many in the team.
Thats a more nuanced take. I blame the team for not providing him with enough service though. Collectively our attacking play has dropped off since Anfield.

First 9 games = 33 goals. Last 9 games 13 goals (6 of them scored by Haaland). The last three games (Everton, Chelsea, United) he has only really had one good chance and he scored it.

The build up needs to improve, and i thought there were encouraging signs in the second half vs United compared to the past few games. The next step after that is better penetration in the final third. In conclusion: Haaland is not the problem.

Thats a more nuanced take. I blame the team for not providing him with enough service though. Collectively our attacking play has dropped off since Anfield.

First 9 games = 33 goals. Last 9 games 13 goals (6 of them scored by Haaland). The last three games (Everton, Chelsea, United) he has only really had one good chance and he scored it.

The build up needs to improve, and i thought there were encouraging signs in the second half vs United compared to the past few games. The next step after that is better penetration in the final third. In conclusion: Haaland is not the problem.

I still think his movement is lacking intensity. When I made my comment about the Titanic, it’s tough but it’s so easy for a defender to stroll out with the ball, it’s a part of his physique that looks awkward in that situation. He’s raw, he’s never played in such a disciplined team.

I liked how we placed versus Chelsea & I’m a massive fan of the false 9 so will always have a bias of that. I’m u der no illusions of the Chavs problems contributed.

I was worried the World Cup would impact us & it has. When you see my 2 favourite players like Bernardo & Foden struggling it must be that.

Let’s hope we play ourselves into form for the Champs league latter stages.

I still think his movement is lacking intensity. When I made my comment about the Titanic, it’s tough but it’s so easy for a defender to stroll out with the ball, it’s a part of his physique that looks awkward in that situation. He’s raw, he’s never played in such a disciplined team.

I liked how we placed versus Chelsea & I’m a massive fan of the false 9 so will always have a bias of that. I’m u der no illusions of the Chavs problems contributed.

I was worried the World Cup would impact us & it has. When you see my 2 favourite players like Bernardo & Foden struggling it must be that.

Let’s hope we play ourselves into form for the Champs league latter stages.
Foden was struggling long before the WC and stories coming out of the club suggested Pep was pissed with his attitude, something is very amiss with Mr Foden.

Last edited:
He really annoys me. He was annoying me then he would shut me up by scoring a hatrick but now he does nothing.

Since just before the break his movement has been really poor. He turns like the titanic which affects our pressing & has developed a poor touch & hasn’t even looked strong when holding players off.

Im not sure if he’s injured but he’s reminding me of tranny boy. We all said we wouldn’t want him cos he does fuck all but score & yet we put up with this. I wish Madrid would make an offer quick.

Pure drivel.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.