It's Quiet 17 - Glory Thread

Ah yes because that would have made a difference.

Maddison is very much average and when phillips has played has showed zero intensity. You can't be showing up to the likes of PSG and Madrid with James Maddison and expect to win.
I suspect Phillips will be just fine once he settles in and gets some minutes. Maddison is a quality player in a struggling side. Creates and scores. I'd be more than happy with him in our side.

I don't think there will be major squad overhaul in the summer..

Cancelo gone, probably Bernie will follow and Gundo as well, but Club may give him +1 year extension like it happened in case of Fernandinho.. And I think Laporte may go as well.. John is untouchable, Ake plays decent football and improved in all departments, Akanji cheap and efficient, Ruben is Ruben... This makes 3-4 players in overall, not a big number..

In terms of additions - 2 new players: LCM and LB..

Maddison is great player, suits LCM role and has all the abilities to play decent football in this City team.. But Bellingham would be a better option, I guess..

As a LB maybe Club will go for overlapping LB to help Grealish on that wing.. Robinson, Chillwell, Theo Hernandez, there are number of options and hopefully we will get as best as possible..

So that's it.. In the end we will have four 30+ players: Walker and Gundo (finishing their contracts in 2024), KDB and Mahrez (finishing their contracts in 2025).. Other ones are below 30 and can play for the next 4-5 seasons for sure..

This season may become difficult due to reason that we don't have replacement for Cancelo, but in terms of future and transfers, I guess everything is OK and well-planned..

Well done Txiki :D

Don’t know if it’s been said yet on the forum but apparently city actually tried to get Maddison today on a loan with buy option in summer.

I don't think there will be major squad overhaul in the summer..

Cancelo gone, probably Bernie will follow and Gundo as well, but Club may give him +1 year extension like it happened in case of Fernandinho.. And I think Laporte may go as well.. John is untouchable, Ake plays decent football and improved in all departments, Akanji cheap and efficient, Ruben is Ruben... This makes 3-4 players in overall, not a big number..

In terms of additions - 2 new players: LCM and LB..

Maddison is great player, suits LCM role and has all the abilities to play decent football in this City team.. But Bellingham would be a better option, I guess..

As a LB maybe Club will go for overlapping LB to help Grealish on that wing.. Robinson, Chillwell, Theo Hernandez, there are number of options and hopefully we will get as best as possible..

So that's it.. In the end we will have four 30+ players: Walker and Gundo (finishing their contracts in 2024), KDB and Mahrez (finishing their contracts in 2025).. Other ones are below 30 and can play for the next 4-5 seasons for sure..

This season may become difficult due to reason that we don't have replacement for Cancelo, but in terms of future and transfers, I guess everything is OK and well-planned..

Well done Txiki :D

For a senior squad of 17 players, you think we will probably lose 4 and gain 2, so we would have 15 senior players?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.