PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

So whatever the out come of these allegations it's certain there's a witch-hunt and our reputation is forever tarnished in the eyes of many football fans. There's an ongoing campaign to discredit us and effect any ongoing and future plans we have to improve the club and bring in new players. So is it time to say to hell with the pL and the corrupt cartel and look at a version of the European super league? Although it pains me to say it I'm begining to think this might be the best option
Have you ever heard of the saying, from the frying pan into the fire ? Doesn't matter what organisation it is pal, they're all together in fucking us over.

This feels very different to the UEFA episode. Make no bones about it this is a complete witch hunt. During the last legal battle the owners/club remained dignified and followed the legal advice by remaining quiet and reserved through the media. What concerns me with the PL charges - being so many of them - is that this is an outright attack on the very fabric of the club, the soul of our beloved City is under siege. The press have been briefed and have gone into full vulture mode. I simply cannot believe that our owners after following the highest paid advice about the business would be so stupid to flout the rules so blatantly.

For me the time has come to fight fire with fire. We must get in front of this today. This will not go away and we need something more than a paragraph or two stating surprise at timings etc. We need a blunt media briefing denying it all. We are a professionally run organisation but one thing has always irked me - our media & communications team are not the greatest. From getting players name to pictures wrong on the official website to most importantly a reserved approach to many journalistic whispers of how bad an oil run club is - we have been treated at times like the devil and yet not once have really gone at the media about it.

I really hope that we don't, through any appeals process, take a plea and accept even one or two charges taking a fine or a small point deduction. This is different to Juve or Rangers cases because we know any admission no matter how minor will stick with us forever. There are those who are fully determined to ruin our club and send us back to where they see we deserve to be. Any admission of guilt will stay and our success will always be tainted. For this reason alone the club if truly innocent, need to act.

They need to publicly make a statement denying it all. They need to infer that there are fractions behind these accusations. They need to call out the role of other clubs in trying to stop us. They need to state how the club have always been run and what positives have been achieved for the community. They need to remind many how they have not run the club through debt.

Of course if they have conducted the business in line with other organisations, accepted standard practices if you will that blur the lines of legality they need to call out their advisors and accountants that must be party to it. They must similarly call out other clubs who follow similar industry practices. Yes they may risk action against such accusations but as I said this is a co-ordinated attack on our soul.

I'm not a legal guy but one thing is clear any amount of shit sticks and they need to act to stop it now. They must not let the manager or the players have to be the face of their club. I'm sure many fans like me have been inundated with friends who follow other teams jumping all over this with wild insinuations - easy to ignore but not nice to defend from afar.

Finally I know they will try and keep the playing and business side separate but perhaps we will learn a bit from the Villa game. If as with the last UEFA attack they come out and play as if under a siege we will know the exact discussions between owners and team. If the play with apathy or a resignation of the inevitable we should all be worried. I have to think it will be the former. Pep himself has shown signs of fatigue in recent weeks so I just hope he's up for another fight against the integrity of our success.
Should have more likes this post.

I see every back page has us being relegated from the Premier League, I know this isn't the actual law but why is this reporting allowed? It surely has an influence on proceedings, there's no way this "independent" panel will find in our favour.

They're getting the green light to fuck us over because apart from the Club, staff and fans there's hardly anyone else who wishes to see us exonerated.

On the back of the bent goal against the Rags this is the biggest stitch up in my lifetime of following football.

Trying to digest all of this I'm starting to get the feeling PL have taken a huge gamble here and are maybe over their heads in the sense of not reading the implications. E.g Accusing auditors and a major trading partner in fraud and possibly not following the right protocols for notifying the right bodies of law enforcement to investigate.
Can't see their CEO being very expert in this and probably much more a smooth sound bites and meetings summariser and hopefully they upset a few people in high places.

Cant read over thousand posts , stop fretting , it is wasted energy , the club will handle it , if we have done wrong then we take the punishment and maybe board and manager changes and go again

it is however a disgusting way to treat the club that has brought billions into the prem and this is the hateful other clubs that are trying one last time to get rid of us , never talk of those cunts on here again , never , except post after post of cunts , that is all that their threads should have

I see every back page has us being relegated from the Premier League, I know this isn't the actual law but why is this reporting allowed? It surely has an influence on proceedings, there's no way this "independent" panel will find in our favour.

They're getting the green light to fuck us over because apart from the Club, staff and fans there's hardly anyone else who wishes to see us exonerated.

On the back of the bent goal against the Rags this is the biggest stitch up in my lifetime of following football.
Its a massive back lash to Newcastle take over, arse, dippers Rags shtting

A theory, based on two things we’re fairly certain of:

1. The drivers of the accusations are the American owned clubs. The same entities that were behind the push for a European Super League.

2. It seems the charges levelled by the Premier League are broadly the same as those that died a death at the CAS adjudication. Seemingly a weak basis for a ‘winner takes all’ attack, especially as they’ve dragged their feet for years, and the fact we have the same ‘irrefutable proof’ of our innocence as we did then.

What if the ‘American clubs’ are setting up the Premier League organisation to fail?

The damage to the PL in reputational and financial terms (presumably after damages paid to City) would be immense.

A perfect excuse to revive the notion of the European Super League?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.