PL charge City for alleged breaches of financial rules

I believe they also had/have a deep rivalry with the rags, is this a coincidence or just the rags way of suppressing the opposition?
I don't think that Leeds United hated Manchester United more than any other team West Ham,
Chelsea, Arsenal,Forest, Chelsea, Liverpool, Tottenham,Leeds and of course City have all had long standing rivalries with both United and also each other over the decades.
It's the media that propogate and drive these rivalries, originally to sell papers and now to generate internet clicks ( all revenue driven).

Is probably the correct answer. But if they are REALLY saying they think the annual accounts don't give a true and fair view, they have a mountain to climb. Not so sure they want to be saying that.
I think for the PL that's the only thing they can say when you look at how the rules are written. Accounts not showing a true and fair view covers everything from 'forgetting to list the £10 City shop voucher given to the tea lady on her birthday' all the way up to 'registering your club in a tax haven to avoid paying taxes and hiding payments'.
I suspect that under normal circumstances this kind of stuff would be looked at and discussed privately between a club and the league with nothing of any note happening beyond being maybe told to list things how the league want.
Unfortunately, we've got United, Liverpool and Arsenal pushing to have their competition removed on one side and the Government wanting to add more regulation to the league on the other with the Premier League vowing down to them both.
The very technical and draconian language being used is allowing the press and online fuckwits to then put 2 + 2 together and come up with whatever they feel like as the actual things being looked at are factually unknown.
The problem with this is that the rumours and innuendo won't go away as the hearing is now behind closed doors so even if the league announce we've done nothing wrong then unless their statement is worded in a watertight way the press and other fans will twist it into the football equivalent of flat earth theories of billions of pounds of under the table payments or whatever they feel like.
The only good thing to come from this is that it does feel like this will be the last time this nonsense will likely come up in a material way involving a regulating body. Hopefully, the fact that this will derail our season will be enough to keep Arsenal happy and the fact that we'll be at a disadvantage in the summer transfer window (if this isn't resolved by then) will keep all three of the yank clubs happy.

Do as I’m doing, read nothing, watch nothing and listen to even less. The vile media are likely having their wet dream field day so don’t wind yourself up fella.

Stick to Bluemoon and ignore the rest. We’ve got our own fucking huge moat and no cunts getting through these castle walls. Fuck ‘em.
Exactly what I’m doing twitter Facebook and the media is full of fuckwits and at least on here there are people itk that are reliable sources

My son messaged me from school yesterday and said “I know now dad why you think rags are as big cunts as dippers”. I didn’t tell him off for using the C word, and he has grown up with the dippers being our main rivals, but he saw the rag pricks as being the cunts they equally are yesterday.

I reminded him that him and his brother, 16 and 14, are brilliant City fans and always will be and that City have always been a brilliant club with brilliant fans, and always will be.

I also reminded him that when he was a baby in his pram we went into the local bakers and he had his City hat on, at which the twat behind the counter said “oh don’t be bringing him in here with that hat on”, to which I said I’ve been listening to shit like that for 50 years and not taken it, and neither will my son; I haven’t and nor has he, and we never will. She then proceeded to tell me that she was only joking, I asked her if she could see me smiling? She handed me my sandwich and I said if you think I’m paying for anything you’ve touched you can fuck right off and threw the fucker (the sandwich) on the floor, and wheeled my son out. Interestingly as I went through the door the bloke behind me said “that’s disgusting”, as I was about to explain my reasons he said not you Blue, her, City til we die, and he walked out too saying I’m never coming in this shop again. 16 years later and I don’t know if he’s been back in but I haven’t.

Blue blood runs deep and thick. I am proud of my son, he is quite badly behaved at times but he is City through and through, as is his younger brother. They were with me at spurs on Sunday and as Harry said yesterday if they relegate us it’ll be easier to get tickets for away games, bless him.

We survived 35 years without a trophy, over 20 years of Peter fucking Swales, we will survive this.

CITY TIL WE DIE
I thought you wanted to bring him back ;)

Exactly! Even without City being found guilty of any major FFP wrongdoing, it's still job done for UEFA/G14 & The Premiere League's Hateful Eight.

Shit sticks, & City will be indelibly stained if we continue to allow the unfair fundamentals of FFP to go unchallenged.
Only counter point was how we bounced through UEFA bullshit and jogged on, champions twice over.

It seems several favoured media outlets were briefed of the intention to charge city prior to the club itself being notified. That will stand us in good stead tp show the fa investigation has also been far from fair.

Similarities with the UEFA leaks here too, and what could be nosy interesting is who leaked this information. I wonder if an independent investigation, or city as part of it, could request the sources of the leaks are revealed? That may be very interesting indeed.

Sometimes you get pelters for thinking everyone is against you and it's all q big conspiracy. Then you look at the constant charges against us, their flimsiness and uncertainty, compared to what other club are permitted to do, and you have to admit it's all a bit cartel-like, isn't it?

The fa could have put the nail in there own coffin here by demonstrating perfectly why an independent body is needed.

Clear and orchestrated has never been clearer nor more orchestrated - our combined enemies are determined to put us down.

When I see the photograph of Stretford, Gooner and Livarpool big-wigs cosying up to each other over lunch, I can't help wonder what secretive societies and anti-arab racism are represented round that table. Add in complicit, compliant media and it's hard to believe that this is being orchestrated at anything other than the very highest level.

Allegedly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.