Why I'm giving up on football, City and Bluemoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hart of the Matter

So this is my last post. 55 years after my first match seeing City. 10 years a season ticket holder 1985 to 1995 until work and family took me too far away. I was there in 2012 and was there for that Tuart goal. Been to many but not all recent cup finals.
I have been vocal about VAR, CAS and FFP.
So, today I have decided I have fallen out of love with this game, the trolls on this forum and the corruption hiding in plain sight both financial and governance. Refereeing and game manipulation and arguing the toss with morons and hypocrites.
My passion has faded with each passing year of vested interest interference, press compliance and journalistic spite.
And, yes, VAR has killed my excitement. Thank God we didn't have to wait for it in 2012. A moment that will never be repeated again in football history.
In truth, this has been coming for a while. I will sign off and find a new passion. City are not to blame. I watched football for the fun and passion. I now know more about global politics, financial compliance and sports governance than I do about our own under 18s. Something has gone drastically wrong with the game.
Our own forum has also become raggish and dipperish, misogynistic and trolled by posters who don't even support the club... And then the fans who love certain players rather than the club. Yes I'm old and I won't be missed but I already feel better letting go. Good luck fighting the good but ultimately doomed battle.
Thanks City for the best and worst times of my life but life is too short.

So this is my last post. 55 years after my first match seeing City. 10 years a season ticket holder 1985 to 1995 until work and family took me too far away. I was there in 2012 and was there for that Tuart goal. Been to many but not all recent cup finals.
So, today I have decided I have fallen out of love with this game, the trolls on this forum and the corruption hiding in plain sight both financial and governance. Refereeing and game manipulation and arguing the toss with morons and hypocrites.
My passion has faded with each passing year of vested interest interference, press compliance and journalistic spite.
And, yes, VAR has killed my excitement. Thank God we didn't have to wait for it in 2012. A moment that will never be repeated again in football history.
In truth, this has been coming for a while. I will sign off and find a new passion. City are not to blame. I watched football for the fun and passion. I now know more about global politics, financial compliance and sports governance than I do about our own under 18s. Something has gone drastically wrong with the game.
Our own forum has also become raggish and dipperish, misogynistic and trolled by posters who don't even support the club... And then the fans who love certain players rather than the club. Yes I'm old and I won't be missed but I already feel better letting go. Good luck fighting the good but ultimately doomed battle.
Fair points in there, going down that road myself but not fully there yet. Used to watch whatever footy was on tv but I stopped that 3/4 years ago, only watch City now.

I felt like this before the charges turned up. This was going to be my last season. Now I’m not sure if I want to finish this season, just list the lot for sale. I should’ve known what was coming to be fair. The refereeing of City has never even great since 2012 but this season….. It’s as obvious as a cock on a Nun what’s going on. Can’t believe there are still those who refuse to see what’s staring them in the face. Legacy fans aren’t wanted.

I am 99% of the way down the exact same road mate.

All the best.

I'm not yet at that point but I completely understand your feelings. The game as we once knew it has gone forever.

As my old teacher used to say "Don't let the bastards grind you down"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.