The End of on Street Parking within walking distance of the Etihad

I travel with my mum and dad who are both getting on a bit. They already bemoan how far we have to walk when we park for Sat kos. First world problem I guess but I agree it will put some off and will just lead to further costs in terms of parking at a time when most folk are struggling financially.
My old man's the same. Saturday / Sunday afternoon isn't too bad but night matches will be an issue. I know for sure my dad will knock night matches on the head - he's in his 70's and I don't live locally any more. To be honest, it might make me think twice particularly for night games. The blue car park is a joke, if you can even get on it, and car parks near the ground are going to be at a premium. They've either not thought this through or they just don't give a shit. I can't understand what the problem is with Riverpark Road area

Well it is currently open and people are still driving their cars up to the doorstep of the ground, having to leave the match on 80 mins and still sit in traffic for an hour. It baffles me.

You could stay until the end, clap the players off, and lazily walk down to the tram, even waiting until the crowds have died down, get on the tram to where your car is parked, and still be closer to home than the people who left early.

When you are on the tram, you actually pass by all the people sat in their cars not moving anywhere.
You miss a key point though. When you’re in your car obviously you’d prefer to be freewheeling down an empty road but crucially, moving or not, you’re in your own space, comfortable, listening to your own sounds not surrounded by the heaving disagreeable masses on the trams

How do you get to games?

a multi storey car park? Imagine that at the end of a game or concert?

This car parking ban will have bad consequences for many City fans. There are thousands who park near the ground.

Most are not on residential streets as they have mostly been banned already.

Getting a place to park is nigh on impossible as it is and many park up to 3 hours before the game to stand a chance.
I’m a train then walk attendee, sometimes get the bus before games, gave up on the car due to parking, trams as they’re ridiculously overcrowded, and buses most of the time because you need to leave on 90 for it to work, Hasn’t been easy with the trains this season either. 80% of our support suffer with logistics, and there doesn’t seem to be a suitable short term solution, never mind long term. Other arenas (indoor & outdoor) have successful multi stories and I’d guess the club are looking at it, maybe the MS could be reserved for our more esteemed supporters and then use the space near Ashton new road as a bus/coach terminus, with buses serving all districts & beyond after the game

15 pages so far. How many have done the online objection posted earlier ? Mrs Mist has never been allowed to go to the Etihad but she's done it, she doesn't know she has but........
If you don't object, don't complain.

Edit the survey is on page 5. It takes 2 minutes.
Done it

My mum and dad have already given it up. It is too difficult for them to even walk from the car parks or where we used to park near Clayton Hall. The tram is ok to get there but the queue after the game takes too long for them to keep standing. Night games are too hard so the only games they go to now is if I pay for Hospitality. My dad went from 1953 to 2020.

My mum and dad have already given it up. It is too difficult for them to even walk from the car parks or where we used to park near Clayton Hall. The tram is ok to get there but the queue after the game takes too long for them to keep standing. Night games are too hard so the only games they go to now is if I pay for Hospitality. My dad went from 1953 to 2020.
Sorry to hear that mate.
The walk to the car park is like a ski slope at the moment too with all the mud washing onto it, can't be easy for those with limited mobility.

03-CAEC53-8-AC4-4-CAD-BE2-B-B4730-C72-BB0-C.webp

Why could it not be turned into a commercial entity and generate some money for what is a relatively low income area. if you want to street park you pay say £100 per season for a street pass so you can park your car there, then split it between the residents or take it off their council tax. why they make it more difficult for people and then supply shit public transport is beyond me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.