North Stand Expansion

Probably not the right thread, but I remember something being said about a Bell, Lee and Summerbee statue or atleast a mural. Does anyone know anything about that?

Visiting from US, I love a night out before or after game (depends on day/time). I think I’d still take a hotel in town, purely for convenience of bars/restaurants.
Surely you would want to stay at the hotel at City ? Granted they won't be as many restaurants but you will have the hotel and the arena to eat in...fuck trapsing into town and back to watch City ;)

Just a thought - if they're implementing a 7k tier with rail seating, basically another singing section, what then happens to the current south stand? Do we think we will find 7k more people from other areas of the ground that want to create an atmosphere and move to this end or do people from the south stand then move to the north stand leaving the south stand flatter than currently?
I don't think that the South Stand will be quite what it is now, however I still think you'll find it's quite rowdy in there. Some people just enjoy being near the away fans and that won't change. I expect the South Stand to maintain a decent atmosphere

I don't think that the South Stand will be quite what it is now, however I still think you'll find it's quite rowdy in there. Some people just enjoy being near the away fans and that won't change. I expect the South Stand to maintain a decent atmosphere
move the away fans in SS3 down and round the corner of ES1.

Relocate the 'singing section' to SS3 and 2 dedicated City ends are created.

BINGO !!

Surely you would want to stay at the hotel at City ? Granted they won't be as many restaurants but you will have the hotel and the arena to eat in...fuck trapsing into town and back to watch City ;)
i consider myself a tourist these days, only get up around 3 times a season but id love too stay in a city hotel!! (provided it wasnt £300 a night mind!) otherwise i'll just keep staying in the travelodge opp the gardens for £80 a night with breakfast! :-)

Had a discussion with somebody claiming to be a font of all wisdom on the Metrolink and he recons the town to Ashton link is not classed as a main rout hence the lesser services unlike the Altrincham to town link. Mind you he was a scum fan so probably just bull shite !
We almost always get a single unit tram back to Altrincham after a game from Piccadilly. But go and look at the Altrincham line on weekdays, double units running throughout the day mainly empty other than at peak times. The Metrolink management must be Rag twats.

Could they build a separate platform(s) at the metro link station so as they have several trams to go at full time? No matter how many trams are provided it’d still be a problem but if they have this in both directions (to Piccadilly and to Ashton) it may alleviate it somewhat. I think I’ll be doing the park and ride scheme going forward.

City square, they are expecting to take up some of the people killing time whilst it dies down but the capacity for this area is 3,000 so it’d be worse than now given the extra 7,700.

Surely other clubs have this problem???

Either way, when you’re Spunking £300m on a project you’d hope that the powers that be elsewhere (metro link and the city council) would have plans to upgrade their infrastructure accordingly.

Screenshot_20230228_152416_Gallery.jpgDoes this look like the emergency access tunnel is moving? If so, it looks like my seat which is literally right next to it now, is going :-(

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.