North Stand Expansion

Hyde Road, Gorton. The arse end of nowhere. Nothing there at all. Diamond Lodge has been opened for years and is still in business.

(needs updating, as well as a few porkies removing)

If you're looking for a hotel in Manchester...
...Diamond Lodge Hotel, Manchester offers quality premier lodge type hotel accommodation in Manchester at a budget price for business or leisure travellers. We are conveniently located 2 miles east of the city of Manchester, on the A57. With direct links to the city centre by bus and train from outside the hotel, within close proximity to the AO Arena, Old Trafford, Manchester United Football Club and Manchester City Etihad stadium and we are only 10 miles away from Manchester Airport.

4058101.jpg
Did this used to be a Travelodge c.10/15 years ago?

Hyde Road, Gorton. The arse end of nowhere. Nothing there at all. Diamond Lodge has been opened for years and is still in business.

(needs updating, as well as a few porkies removing)

If you're looking for a hotel in Manchester...
...Diamond Lodge Hotel, Manchester offers quality premier lodge type hotel accommodation in Manchester at a budget price for business or leisure travellers. We are conveniently located 2 miles east of the city of Manchester, on the A57. With direct links to the city centre by bus and train from outside the hotel, within close proximity to the AO Arena, Old Trafford, Manchester United Football Club and Manchester City Etihad stadium and we are only 10 miles away from Manchester Airport.

4058101.jpg
How many regional branch managers have had the saddest affair with Julie from accounts in this place do you think?

The Arena will have been open for 2 or 3 years and will be well established as the UKs best music music arena before the hotel opens its doors.

Has the complainer had a look how many apartments will be a short walk from the stadium / arena ?

With 34 bars and a host of facilities I’ve no doubt parts of the Arena will be a 7 day a week venue no matter whether there is a show on or not.

The idea that it’s gonna be ghost town when there is no show or football on is ridiculous.

With the next couple of years the site will be considered an simple extension of the city centre and any moaning will have long disappeared.

I understand all that, but imagine there is no match on, and no gigs taking place, and everything is locked up for the night. You've pretty much got McDonalds or Asda.

How does a hotel like that compete with the 50 or so hotels in Manchester City center, where you can step off the train and walk to your hotel. You can and have a meal in a restaurant, go to a bar with work colleagues? Or go clubbing or shopping.

Put it this way, if someone I knew wanted to book a hotel in Manchester for a weekend. I wouldn't send them out there, Iooking out over an empty car park, having to get a taxi to go out. And not everybody is a football fan.

I have stayed at Milton Keynes dons hotel and Bolton Wanderers with work, and they were like a ghost town after 6pm. If getting a taxi is your ultimate solution to this, then why not just book one of the plethora of hotels that are actually where you want to be in the first place?

Although, if a hotel was built that didn't block the view of the stadium, it wouldn't bother me. Let it sit there empty most of the time, but rammed for matches and gigs.
Its 2 stops from Piccadilly or a 20 minute walk along hopefully landscaped paths, with more parking than you can shake a stick at on non event days. It will have all the facilities you could want and will be a popular hotel for those things alone.

One gig a week ? 3 to start then possibly 5/6 nights a week, it's a multi use venue, gigs, boxing, UFC etc etc going forward I would expect more than ONE hotel...

I can’t see there being gigs/events on 5-6 nights a week. If it was a smaller venue like Manchester academy I’d agree with you. Some of the larger venues do a few large gigs a month. A lot of it is based on who the act is, what the event is and number of tickets sold as well.

I could be wrong and maybe there will be daily events/gigs. I’m just thinking about some of the other large venues. You’d probably have to take into account the local community as well, which probably wouldn’t be very happy with lots of large scale events

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.