RB Leipzig (H) | Post Match Thread

Simply brilliant!

First the downside... THIS is what happens when KDB has had a couple of weeks' rest & in City terms, thet means playing one game a week. It's imperative we manage Super Kev's game time to get the most out of him like tonight.

We were absolutely on it & literally blew Leipsig away. They didn't know what hit em & they were royally mullered... Every player played his part, but there were a few differences I noticed tonight.

There was a lot more KDB-esque one-touch passing throughout the team, which quickened up our play considerably, leaving Leipsig in a spin. Our energy levels across the team was amazing!

Stones was imperious, as was Rodri, Bernardo & Grealish, & all contributed to our total control of the game. It was simply an unbelievable team performance.

Just like my dinner, I'll save the best until last. I'm gutted he was taken off before he got 6, but Haaland was ruthlessly clinical. Leipsig came to play us which was admirable, but this gave our Viking the opportunity to tear RB a new arsehole!

Haaland dropped deep, he went wide left & right, & pressured & pressed Leipsig's defence & keeper into a myriad of errors, creating goals for himself. However, it was the effort he put into finding the ball, making himself available & getting more involved on the game that made the difference tonight.

We're through to the last eight & we've got Vinny's Burnley up next, so the bandwagon rolls on this weekend. All in all, tonight was a fantastic team performance, with the added flair of several individual world class performances too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.