Summer 2023 outgoing

bobom

Winning the CL may be a natural endpoint for some great servants of the club... Who do we think will leave and stay?

Would love Bernardo and Gundo to stay - both will be really hard to replace.

Mahrez obviously also in the news, and while he's been great this season, the fact that he plays in one position out wide may make him easier to replace if he chose to go to Saudi (can't see why he'd leave at this point, though, if not for a big payday)

Laporte - if he's away and Gvardiol comes in, I'd be happy.

Does everyone think Kev will be able to pick himself up and go again after his personal disappointment in a game which some people said would define his career ?
He has looked physically and emotionally shattered recently

Does everyone think Kev will be able to pick himself up and go again after his personal disappointment in a game which some people said would define his career ?
You think he'll leave because he got injured after 35 minutes in the final game? Oh dear...

He'll retire here.

Out
gundogan
Silva
Laporte

In
Jonjo Shelvey
Jesse Lingaard
Titus Bramble
giphy.gif

Could see Mahrez being tempted by that Saudi offer.

Cancelo, Laporte, Bernardo, Gomez and Mahrez could probably be 170-190m altogether.
Could be lots of CFG/Youth outgoings as well. Harwood-Bellis, T. Doyle, Lavia (sell-on), Breckin, Borges, Delap and JWE could probably be another 70-80m. Add Steffen, Yangel Herrera, Couto and Kabore and there could be another 30m. Would be fun if we could beat the dippers to the net spend trophy, could easily be looking at 200m in sales

We will continue to evolve. A number of players will leave and tactically I don't think we'll see Stones in the midfield as much next season. Players will have to be brought in, but it will be hard (I'd say impossible) to find players who can immediately compensate for the quality and particularly the experience of those who might leave. Would happily settle for the League next season (I know how conceited that might sound) if it meant we had a younger and hungrier squad ready to go in 2024-25.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.