Not open for further replies.
Too little
Too late
Not enough
Home of the Champions
3pm ko
Nothing more
Nothing less
Keep the pressure on this is a sop not a victory !!
Of course it's a victory. Without the proposed boycott the FA wouldn't have moved the kick off time. It will allow City fans to get back home an hour and a half earlier. Don't turn a positive in to a continual negative. Sigh.

It’s not a win for fans by any means, the game was scheduled for Sunday because another charity game (I know it’s the community shield we will be playing in)is going to be taking place on Saturday evening at Stamford bridge with a 6:00pm kickoff and is being televised, Game for Ukraine. Why this takes precedence over the community shield I don’t know and why can’t they be switched as this Ukraine game was only confirmed at the end of May.
Keep the boycott in place.

Yes, but we were the only income, and our financial support was life sustaining, and as such we were empowered. Admittedly there wasn't many decisions to be made, but in those days, games were played on Saturdays at 3pm, because if not, fans probably would not have been there.
I wouldn't mind going back to those days in terms of no footy on TV but it aint happening.

They shat on fans too, away fans charged more for worse facilities and no concessions for example. I used to get taken in the home end when we went away due to cost at one point. Even at Leeds.

The last few trains were easily doable with a 5.30 KO. Now with a 4 pm KO there are multiple more trains available. Some people on here were pushing for a 12.30 KO, which would make train travel far trickier.

I mean there wasn't really, if you count getting out at say 7.15pm and getting the train back to Manchester (including the tube)

19.27 with 3 changes gets you to Piccadilly at 11.30 pm

and then you have these:

• 19:51 gets you in at 00:14 with 2 changes
  • 20:27 gets you in at 00:48 with 2 changes

• 20:51 gets you in at 04:37 with 3 changes

• 21:27 gets you in at 03:33 with 3 changes

Of course it's a victory. Without the proposed boycott the FA wouldn't have moved the kick off time. It will allow City fans to get back home an hour and a half earlier. Don't turn a positive in to a continual negative. Sigh.
Don’t turn a remaining negative into a positive.

I’m glad you weren’t running our war strategies !!

The FA cocked up with Wembley rebuild completely location and finance wise.

So over the years the fans(Al Fans) have had to pay for it .
This latest date and time are ridiculous and not seen any any real reason for a 5-30 KO
Semi Finals at Wembley....Really? Tens of thousands travelling from the North,take into account the shite transport as well, to fund their mistakes.
Yes play the Final at the Stadium but dont continually fleece fans at every opportunity.
Someone said earlier German fans would be protesting in huge numbers if this happened to them.
Yet we are just expected to accept again and again?

Sheff U fans decided not to go in numbers,location,finance a big part of this.
Community shield at Wembley?
Should be at the home of the Champions,they have earned it.
We played Chelsea at Villa Park ,they had 5,000 empty seats,no media comments yet people worry about comments of our support?
Look at our attendances, Look at our parade ,ignore the haters!

Proof if we stick together and make noise it forces them into action. They couldn't give a fuck about the fans, thats evident, but they do care about the negativity surrounding it, that's what scares them most. It's a very minor win in reality, it doesnt really solve much for anyone and i will still be boycotting it but the fact we've made them budge even slightly before the boycott had really even gathered full momentum is a huge win not just for us but for all match going football fans. Personally I'd like to see a continued push here, don't accept they're minor change and push even harder for a Saturday kick off but I can understand if the fan groups etc settle for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.