Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we stop with this nonsense about City just bidding so Arsenal have to pay more. It's just silly.
I do agree with you totally, but... wouldn't it be nice if, as a result of the, 'Arsenal-headed hateful 8 letter', that we just made them blow an extra £20m-odd and receive nothing extra.

is that not obvious though mate?

Generally obvious that word has got out he's given the nod or some other indicator for City to go from 5/6 to 4/1 in minutes. Its still a novelty market and only takes a couple of thousand to make these odds change drastically.

Avalanche of money in the last hour for Rice to Arsenal. He's now 1/6 to join them and 4/1 to come to us.
If the reports of a £105m bid from Arsenal are true I would say we should move on. I am sure there are other options out there. Many have mentioned FDJ at Barcelona. He‘s a great player and again, if the press reports are true, could be be available for ”a great offer”.

If we are looking for cover for Rodri, why not John Stones, who has already demonstrated he can play just about anywhere, or Akanji or Lewis. Then there’s always the option of giving Phillips another season.

With Rice willing to accept Arsenal and City. It has literally turned it into best offer wins.
In effect, a bidding war. And we've shown in the past that we will walk away from such a shitshow (Sanchez and Cucurella). Kane as well, though that wasn't so much a bidding war (can't remember anyone else being seriously in for him at the time).

So, if Arsenal bag Rice for that price, I'm guessing they can't use the "City just bought success" argument anymore.

If the reports of a £105m bid from Arsenal are true I would say we should move on. I am sure there are other options out there. Many have mentioned FDJ at Barcelona. He‘s a great player and again, if the press reports are true, could be be available for ”a great offer”.

If we are looking for cover for Rodri, why not John Stones, who has already demonstrated he can play just about anywhere, or Akanji or Lewis. Then there’s always the option of giving Phillips another season.
De Jong would be incredible. But as has been repeated ad infinitum, he doesn't want to leave Barca.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.