Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look forward to him being called 100 million Rice for a year like what happened with Grealish but we all know realistically that won’t happen
Think Arsenal have now spent 3-4 times what we have since Artega took over but its never mentioned

I know it goes against everything that’s been reported in the last couple of days, but I’ve always been told that this wasn’t ever close.

I honestly don’t think Rice is a player who we need.

In my opinion we need to keep Bernardo, bring Phillips up to speed, trust Foden more in a central role, and strengthen the right wing. Kovacic will just slot in like he’s been here for 5 years

McAtee is good, but he's the new Palmer, fills out but is nowhere near good enough to fill out if we lose Kdb or Foden.

Got some news for you. Declan Rice is nowhere near good enough to fill in for De Bruyne or Foden.

We absolutely CANNOT lose Bernie now. Otherwise we are officially weakened from last season. That would be frustrating given we should be building from a position of utmost strength.
Going from Gundo to Kovacic already is a weakened moved. Lesser player. IF he was for squad depth, sure, but replacing him makes us weaker.

Hope we turn our attentions to one one of Frenkie De Jong, Caicedo, Szoboslai (sp?) or Gabri Veiga. Rice would have been a great option for us but Txixi will have his list of alternatives. Some progress on Gvardiol would be a tonic!

One thing nobody is talking about is how he’ll deal with the pressure of going to Arsenal as a 100 mil player.

It’s completely different to rocking into the Etihad as another one, surrounded by his mates who are all serial winners.

Going to Arsenal he’s “the missing piece” and will have to justify the price tag with every kick until it leads to a title and anything less will be a failure to their fans.

Big difference. Players have buckled under less pressure.
My prediction
Arsenal win community shield
They then have an average start (not as good as last year)
Then champions league starts and
and they enter a top 4 race
Bit like dippers from last year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.