Declan Rice

Status
Not open for further replies.
In what world would Pep try to help Arsenal close a deal for a top midfielder? I can totally see them trying to force Arsenal into a mistake (pay more than he’s worth), although I believe we genuinely wanted him for 90, but I don’t think Pep tries to help the closest competition! What about his relentless drive to dominate would make anyone believe he intentionally tried to help Arsenal get Rice?
As I said, who knows? It's all transfer window speculation & personally I pay little attention to any of it until I see the player sat next to Txiki.

I just don't get what the big deal is about it all? Are people claiming Eni's lying? If so, on what basis is she a liar?

She claimed she's done what she reasoned City did when she was a DoF. Is it impossible? No. It's totally plausible. However, personally I couldn't care less.

The facts are City made a bid which forced Arsenal to up their bid by £15m, & then we pulled out. The rest is just opinions, as the only people who'll truly know what City did & our reasons for doing it are Manchester City.

City have my complete trust, so there's really nothing more for me to get het up about. Rice is on his way to Arse, so is nothing to do with City. That's the be all & end all of it mate... \0/

The fact we bid a figure that had already been rejected tells me it was just a message to Arsenal that we were interested and intended to panic them into upping their bid.
It was a free hit for us.
If we were serious about buying him, surely our initial bid would have been higher than Arsenal's.
I've no idea mate, but it was certainly a weird figure to bid seeing as Arse just had the same figure rejected by WHU. Who knows? \0/

Out of Arsenal's signings you'd take Rice. But none of the three would get in our best 11.

Havertz is average and Timber has potential. That's all for now.

Havertz is shite, Rice is ok and Timber is something of an unknown. A lot of ex-Ajax have flattered to deceive..........DeLigt, Gravenberch and, of course, Donny, PMSL

You know what I take pleasure in? Our stature and aura as a club is so big that when we submitted just our opening bid which was the same as arsenal 2nd rejected bid, it caused arsenal to shit themselves, panic and overpay straight away. They didn't want to fuck around anymore with their haggling with west ham when we entered the fray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.