Bernardo Silva

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed but hope they stay put for another year at least.

Same. You'd think that with it now being down to just one more year and there being a bit of certainty around that fact, that maybe there's a lot of appeal in the idea of seeing his contract out. He knows that in 12 months time he basically gets to choose where he goes rather than be sweating over whether or not his preferred suitors are going to stump up the cash. He can enjoy his football here for one more year and also know what he's doing next.

It really puzzles me why this stuff always gets blamed on the wives and where they want to do their shopping or eat or whatever. Is it that inconceivable to people that it's the player that quite fancies living somewhere other than Manchester? Or that people marry people with similar interests and ideas on what they want their lives to look like. Maybe they both fancy a change. Bernardo is a pretty cultured guy, he's given his all to City and won everything there is to win over here. He has the choice to play his football literally anywhere in the world. Life's short and a football career is even shorter, makes total sense that someone in his position would want to try something new. It's like football fans are so fragile that they can only make sense of things by building some kind of shallow WAG narrative in the background.
Whilst I agree with you, to play the devil's advocate here, it is not helping that he met her at the beginning of Covid lockdowns and apparently fancied a move away ever since (shortly after). That's why I think the conspiracy theories get thrown about ;).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.