The treble on display

Spends longer in all those places than Manchester!
Definitely should have been at the city store for at least a week, I didn't go yesterday as I knew it would be hammered (loads would have thought the same) but I definitely would want a photo with them, it's literally once in a lifetime and the majority of City fans won't get a chance of that.

My lad told me that the original CL trophy has a different size font for the writing on the front than the replicas..... I have absolutely no idea whether this is true or not
Since 2009, Champions League winners have not kept the real trophy, which remains in UEFA's custody at all times. A full-size replica trophy, the Champions League winners trophy, is awarded to the winning club with their name engraved on it.Winning clubs are permitted to make replicas of their own. They must be clearly marked as such and can be a maximum of eighty percent the size of the actual trophy.

FA Cup

The eventual winners of the competition receive the FA Cup. It is only loaned to the club by the FA; under the current (2015–16) rules it must be returned by 1 March, or earlier if given seven days' notice. Traditionally, the holders had the Cup until the following year's presentation, although more recently the trophy has been taken on publicity tours by the FA in between finals.

Premier League

There are two Trophies which are identical and include an engraved base detailing past Premier League champions.
During the season, one stays with the Premier League champions, while the other is used by the League.
The champions must return their Trophy to the Premier League at least three weeks before their final league match of the season.

Went to the club shop today and just had the PL trophy on display. Still great to see so went up with the two nippers whilst wife had camera ready. Kid working stopped us saying official photos only at £10. Argued the case and eventually someone “senior” came over. Conclusion was UEFA prohibit solely making money from the CL trophy hence giving the option for fans own pictures, she then openly admitted the club trying to make money. Genuinely couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I want to believe this is just mis communication with the staff but if true and they are only allowing charged photos then it’s shocking.

Went to the club shop today and just had the PL trophy on display. Still great to see so went up with the two nippers whilst wife had camera ready. Kid working stopped us saying official photos only at £10. Argued the case and eventually someone “senior” came over. Conclusion was UEFA prohibit solely making money from the CL trophy hence giving the option for fans own pictures, she then openly admitted the club trying to make money. Genuinely couldn’t believe what I was hearing. I want to believe this is just mis communication with the staff but if true and they are only allowing charged photos then it’s shocking.
They normally have the PL trophy at the fanzone most weeks, wonder if they’ll do all 3?

No different when City won the domestic treble. You could take pictures of the trophies on there own. If you wanted to be in the picture you had to pay your tenner.
Didnt mind paying to be honest

Surely the original will stay at the Etihad and the replica will go on tour, would be mad to send the original all around the world and risk it getting wrecked.
We only get a replica the original goes back to UEFA ! Think it would have been returned shortly after the parade !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.