Champions League 2024/ 2025

Thank fuck Spurs didn't qualify. Bound to have got those cunts in our group.
Spurs? Qualify for the Champions League?

Nicolas-Cage-Laugh.gif

Not necessarily. Teams who finish near the bottom, will have their whole European campaign done and dusted in eight games. As opposed to dropping into the Europa and having never ending Thursday night games.
Is that the same as the teams that finish bottom of the group now?

The play-off losers would be equivalent to the third place teams, so maybe they go on to Europa?

More chance of us meeting new opponents, other than that it's uninspiring. It will also weaken the League Cup as there will be two additional matches for CL teams before Christmas.
The the knock-out stages will include a play-off game (or two) for teams not finishing in the top 8 of the 36 team table.
Quick question: Will there still be qualifying rounds and play-offs to get into the initial 36 team structure?

6 games?
I read it as 2nd and third places are in a playoff situation to play group winners.

Its called backdoor system in Irish sports.

No, everyone plays 8 group games.

9th-24th places play off to join 1st- 8th in the knockout stages.

25th- 36th are out.

More chance of us meeting new opponents, other than that it's uninspiring. It will also weaken the League Cup as there will be two additional matches for CL teams before Christmas.
The the knock-out stages will include a play-off game (or two) for teams not finishing in the top 8 of the 36 team table.
Quick question: Will there still be qualifying rounds and play-offs to get into the initial 36 team structure?

Group games 7 and 8 will be in the new year.

I don't mind these proposals as they probably make more sense than the current CL structure.
My main concern is that co-efficient points gained in the Thursday League carry the same value as points gained in the CL under the current system. That means a team doing well in the Thursday League next season could have a high coefficient for the CL when this kicks off in 2024. Hello dippers for example.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.