Kylian Mbappé

However, there needs to be controls on player salaries. Say max £250kpw for a player and £200m total first team squad salary for any club across the world.
Don't know what job you do, but Rishi and Jeremy just decided your salary cap is £50pw. You could move to a competitor but they couldn't pay you any more.

You ok with that?

This is an interesting point. Saudi is way down the list of GDP per capita. Well below the UK.
Imagine if Rishi Sunak was using tax payers money to bring Mbappe to the EPL.
At some point the House of Saud will be overthrown.
If anything, I suspect this will make the Saudi leaders more popular.

This will trigger a revolt in Saudi Arabia in time. We go on like these countries have a never ending supply of money but its total bullshit. The economy of the UK is over 3 times as big as the Saudi economy. The difference is Saudi Araba is run by a man child who inherited power by birthright and has some delusional idea to make Saudi Arabia a football powerhouse. The Saudi's are throwing money down the shitter as there is no return on this investment. The players will come for 1-2 years, take the money and fuck off and Bin Salman is delusional if he thinks he can make Al Hilah V Al-Qaeda a Barcelona v Real Madrid type fixture.

Bin Salman is such a wally.

I think there is more careful planning going into this than you think. It's just a small part of a modernisation and diversification programme.

I doubt the Saudis are thinking to replace the PL and UEFA. They want the WC in 2034 as part of their programme. Saudi's PSG if you will, but, of course, in a grander and more "in your face" manner. Because they don't give a fuck.

There will be no revolution, but there may be opposition from the religious authorities that see it all as a threat. We will have to see I suppose.

All I’m hearing is excuses.

Fact is - we won, you lost.

Everything else is just noise!

And - you’ve got to be in the final to lose it.

No Estonian team has lost a final to a non-Estonian team this century either.

Who gives a fuck - the only thing that matters is the name on the trophy.

And right now, that reads Manchester City.
We didn't just win though, did we? We gave them an education in football that must have been humbling for a former great side. No wonder their fans are still crying.

Real Madrid lost with age and injuries at Etihad. They were basically playing with 10 men. Benzema, Modric, and Valverde couldn't even run normally. And Ancelotti decided to play with Kroos as a DM. When they catch you with their new young team it will be a reality check for all of you. Just like this summer is. Madrid aren't what they used to be, right? The best English talent in years rejected Premier League and soon the best player in the world will wear the white shirt. REALITY CHECK.

P.S. La liga is hands down the most successful league in the 21st century. It's embarrasing for the Premier League. Spanish teams haven't lost Champions League/Europa League final against non-spanish opposition since 2001.

77B4F999-2C39-4797-942E-D9A9F7986FC0.jpeg

The proposed Saudi deal stinks. Real want Mbappe and he only wants them. Real can’t afford the price PSG would charge for Mbappe this summer despite him having one year left on his deal. PSG can’t afford to lose him for free. A Saudi bid arrives for €300m that will be a single season contract that will see PSG get a record fee. Real will get their man next summer for free. Mbappe will be close to a billionaire by next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.