Atletico Madrid | Friendly (N) | Post Match Thread

All about fitness and getting players up to speed,my only concern ( yes de bruyne didn’t play) is the slight lack of creativity and the need to bring in a few more faces including Gvardiol ..

Yeah the lack of creativity without KDB is a concern.

Would also say that friendlies are for legs etc and don't really seem to be an avenue for players to force themselves into 1st team contention, but some can force themselves out. Phillips needed a really good preseason and it just hasn't happened.

Played well until all the changes were made without looking particularly threatening in front of goal. Their second 11 looked stronger than ours and the goals they scored were actually quite good. Slight worry on how easily beaten we were with when it came to them attacking with pace.
I thought Bobb and McAtee looked Ok, they certainly didn't look out of place. Hopefully they will stay with the squad and get some minutes in the same way Foden did.
Philips had a good defensive clearance but as a senior international I was hoping for a little more.
Nice corner from Gomez and header from Dias.

Probably the kind of work out we needed but personally I wouldn’t play AM in pre-season, they are not capable of playing in a friendly.

Phillips coping shit, is fair enough but Gomez should not be in the premier league never mind at City, Lewis is not a RB FFS, AM all day Gundo role but not ready yet, the rest of the kids are not ready and should be loaned out or sold.
I hope I'm not out of line but Gomez's agent being Pep's brother makes the signing even more odd. He's just not good enough. Certainly not yet.

Yeah the lack of creativity without KDB is a concern.

Would also say that friendlies are for legs etc and don't really seem to be an avenue for players to force themselves into 1st team contention, but some can force themselves out. Phillips needed a really good preseason and it just hasn't happened.
I wouldn’t be surprised if he was to leave before the window closes ..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.