Sheffield away - need travel advice

Sounds great fella. You'll enjoy Bramhall Lane, a proper traditional old football ground with a proud support so atmosphere will be great.

Out of interest, have you had a chance to watch us in Manchester, at the Etihad?
Not as yet. I missed out on a ticket to Newcastle at home so had to book a hospitality package. Honestly can’t wait!

Hi guys, I will be visiting the UK for the first time and have a ticket to Sheffield away. I will need to arrange travel from London (Leicester Square/Soho area) to Bramall Lane. I wanted to book train tickets but I’m a little worried about the strikes causing issues. What is the best way to get to Sheffield from where I am staying and what do I do if there are strikes announced during that time?

Also, my tickets are going to be sent to my residential address in Australia but I am currently in Europe and won’t be back home until after the game. I’ve spoken to the club and they said I can pick it up from Sheffield a few hours before the game. Has anyone done this before and can you please help me with how yo get my tickets without any issues on the day? I asked if I could pick the tickets up from Manchester directly and was told that I couldn’t do that.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Pick up at the ground is straight forward follow the collection point in your email from the club.

Enjoy the game blue you deserve as much as the 18-25 ticket allocation or The junior pull through allocation.

Out of all the reasons for someone to get an away ticket through their OSC - I think a man visiting from the other side of the world is ok.

You might get some hammer though mate haha
Yeah I didn’t realise when originally posting this. I assumed people would be really helpful (and there were a few that were). I didn’t realise I’d cop so much stink for it.

I watch every single game live from Sydney - whether it’s at 1am, 3am or 5am. The following day I’m sleep deprived and often a wreck at work because I watch matches at the most stupid times. Now I have an opportunity to attend a game with the help of my OSC and obviously I’m going to be stoked about it. I didn’t realise I’d cop so much hate.

Just because I’m not a regular match-goer (because I live on the other side of the world), it doesn’t make me any less of a fan and it doesn’t make it ridiculous for me to get a ticket. I know some locals won’t see this the same way but I took every possible step I could to get match tickets and I’m going to take this opportunity and run with it.

I’m sorry for those who miss out because of people from overseas like me. But this is my first opportunity and I’m going to soak it in the best I can :)

Pick up at the ground is straight forward follow the collection point in your email from the club.

Enjoy the game blue you deserve as much as the 18-25 ticket allocation or The junior pull through allocation.
Thank you so much! Really appreciate it :)

I know this thread is most likely a wind up. But last I heard city were stopping posting tickets overseas and they had to be collected at the destination ie away ground

And regards overseas branches opening up and ordering tickets for people in different countries (mainly the uk) Kevin Parker was supposedly clamping down on that. The likelihood of me getting a ticket from someone in Pert for example and travelling to numerous away games and supposedly travelling from Pert are slim to none
I said Perth not Pert

Signed: C Dundee

Yeah I didn’t realise when originally posting this. I assumed people would be really helpful (and there were a few that were). I didn’t realise I’d cop so much stink for it.

I watch every single game live from Sydney - whether it’s at 1am, 3am or 5am. The following day I’m sleep deprived and often a wreck at work because I watch matches at the most stupid times. Now I have an opportunity to attend a game with the help of my OSC and obviously I’m going to be stoked about it. I didn’t realise I’d cop so much hate.

Just because I’m not a regular match-goer (because I live on the other side of the world), it doesn’t make me any less of a fan and it doesn’t make it ridiculous for me to get a ticket. I know some locals won’t see this the same way but I took every possible step I could to get match tickets and I’m going to take this opportunity and run with it.

I’m sorry for those who miss out because of people from overseas like me. But this is my first opportunity and I’m going to soak it in the best I can :)
Blah blah blah

Bollocks

Let’s get real here, you getting a ticket at the expense of someone with say 23k points but misses out does stink, not your fault I suppose but you came on here for advice, please do me a favour ring the club.

They already have helped you out with the ticket so maybe they can help you out with the correct instructions on what to do

Might be worth reading a few more threads on this subject matter to get a better understanding of what is happening in regards ticket allocations and how it is negatively affecting many who have done the time, travel etc

Final point, you say you have watched matches at silly o’clock. Some of us don’t get home from matches here until 5am for midweek away games, much harder than sat in front of the TV. So that don’t wash

Blah blah blah

Bollocks

Let’s get real here, you getting a ticket at the expense of someone with say 23k points but misses out does stink, not your fault I suppose but you came on here for advice, please do me a favour ring the club.

They already have helped you out with the ticket so maybe they can help you out with the correct instructions on what to do

Might be worth reading a few more threads on this subject matter to get a better understanding of what is happening in regards ticket allocations and how it is negatively affecting many who have done the time, travel etc

Final point, you say you have watched matches at silly o’clock. Some of us don’t get home from matches here until 5am for midweek away games, much harder than sat in front of the TV. So that don’t wash
Yeah exactly, not my fault. And you’re right - I came here for advice. But more specifically.. travel advice. Not to be blasted because of how the club chooses to allocate tickets.

I’ve watched all the games on TV for so many years and when I get the opportunity to go to a match, do you honestly expect me not to take it? If I lived in the UK, I’d be going to as many matches as I could. Instead of saying, “wow, you’re coming all the way from australia to watch your first game - I hope you have a blast”, you’d rather give me a hard time because of how the club chooses to allocate away tickets.

You should take a minute and appreciate that you get to go to matches so often. For me, it might be a once in a lifetime experience. I get there’s two sides to this situation but don’t take it out on me mate. The only thing you’re doing is spoiling something I’m really looking forward to.

So maybe you should talk to the club about your frustrations, instead of projecting them onto me.

Thanks to everyone else who was really helpful!

I can understand the frustrations re someone with lots of points missing out on a ticket to someone with negligible points. In the same position, I'd probably be the same. It's not ideal, and it's something the club needs to seriously look at. But having a go at the lucky recipient isn't really on. Let's try to keep the conversation fairly respectful.

I can understand the frustrations re someone with lots of points missing out on a ticket to someone with negligible points. In the same position, I'd probably be the same. It's not ideal, and it's something the club needs to seriously look at. But having a go at the lucky recipient isn't really on. Let's try to keep the conversation fairly respectful.
Yeah, I agree. If I knew it wouldn’t be well-received on here, I wouldn’t have posted in the first place. Not here to rub it in people’s faces or anything.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.