Kalvin Phillips | On loan at West Ham

I wonder if Pep might try something like this? :-)
  • Pushing Rodri forward as a genuine goal threat
  • Rely on Kovacic and Nunez to chase and knit together forward motion
  • Have 2 tricky wingers who are less about possession than currently
  • And having Phillips sit deep to just do the easy stuff and pass long over the oppositions heads
.........Ederson........​
.Stones Dias Gvardiol.​
Kovacic Phillips Nunez​
Doku ...Rodri. ..Foden​
........Haaland........​
I hope not. Dropping any of Grealish, Alvarez or Bernardo to encorporate Phillips into the side is madness.

It’d mean Pep was using too much diazepam when picking his team.

I hope not. Dropping any of Grealish, Alvarez or Bernardo to encorporate Phillips into the side is madness.

It’d mean Pep was using too much diazepam when picking his team.
You never know what the story could be with changing tactics, injuries, tiredness, form etc.

There's still a chance the Phillips could actualy do a decent job. It's not a lost cause yet.

You never know what the story could be with changing tactics, injuries, tiredness, form etc.

There's still a chance the Phillips could actualy do a decent job. It's not a lost cause yet.
True.

So far, Pep, having changed tactics for every single game he manages has managed to not include Phillips.

My money is on him still not including him unless Rodri, Kovacic, Stones, Akanji, Lewis, Bernardo and probably Carson are injured at the same time.

Ibrahimovic?

Nah, reading too much into it. City play high stakes football. Dropping points and bedding players in is not easy especially for a DM. Which could be argued as the vital part of the team.

Pep plays a lot of new players out wide like Jack and gvardiol for example. It’s not a damaging role to the team and gives players a chance to u der stand what he wants.

Ake against Sheffield should have played LCB not Gvardiol. Gvardiol should be the player stepping into midfield not Dias.

Kavlin is in a tough spot. The best DM in the world is in his position.

Give him abit of time is all I am suggesting.
Well Ibra is a ****, so I won't blame Pep for that. Name me one City player bought under Pep for big money who's been frozen out?

The fact we have been in for a CM all summer in addition to Kova, should tell you all you need to know.

Love the way you are telling Pep how we should have played at Sheffield btw, perhaps you think you are better qualified than Pep, as to which player plays in which position?

Well Ibra is a ****, so I won't blame Pep for that. Name me one City player bought under Pep for big money who's been frozen out?

The fact we have been in for a CM all summer in addition to Kova, should tell you all you need to know.

Love the way you are telling Pep how we should have played at Sheffield btw, perhaps you think you are better qualified than Pep, as to which player plays in which position?
Cancelo fills that brief.

He showing ambition. I hope in training it improves him and he can establish himself as a dependable squad player.
England International who is not even getting on the pitch is showing ambition by wanting to stay?

Not because he is on 150k a week and would probably half that wage at best at any other club?

I don't blame him but it's not called ambition.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.