The fan who jumped on Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucksake, yet another thread of Blue on Blue bullshit, to be filed alongside early leavers, OSC's, JCL's and empty seats.

Blue hugs the Viking in crime of passion shocker, so fucking what.

He didn't kiss him on the lips.

You’ve just said nothing, with a lot of words, so it is ironic you’ve brought up narcissistic defence mechanisms. And are still making a completely different argument to mine.

My argument is based on fact: generally held opinion that Liverpool fans—more than most other fan bases—believe they should be able to act in passion without consequence.

The evidence is the collective understanding, especially on this forum, of Liverpool supporters acting that way, which no reasonable observer would argue against (that is, argue against the forum generally feeling that way about Liverpool supporters). And the many posts in this thread effectively arguing that someone acting in passion should not face consequence (as you say, in this particular instance, which has to be applied to all instances, otherwise it is an especially invalid argument within logic and reasoning).

Yours is… I am actually not sure. Semantics, perhaps? Logical fallacy demonstration? Strawman argument construction?

At any rate, I know a mod will be along to tell us to take it to PMs soon, so I am going to do my best to disengage from the debate, barring any especially belligerent response.
We moan about lack of spontaneity and joy ..and having a laugh nowadays...our Terry just wanted to get involved...ffs this was common place and fun years ago...hardly dickish behaviour...celebrating! The players didn't look sh* t scared did they.?..we just need some more balls nowadays - hardly scene of a great crime...up the Turbo

Agree with all that, but the pasting he's getting for celebrating...I mean the scenes when someone scored in 70's and 80's when fans jumped over all excited.....just added to the goal celebrations for me.. many seem to think these lads are jumping over armed to teeth and ready to do someone harm.. snowflake nonsense...there has been about one or two incidents in thousands of matches matches... perspective is needed...jumping about a bit having a laugh = arrest him / ban him ...load of old b*llocks
There have been more than one or two incidents.

But one of the reasons there have not been many more incidents like it is that those that do it are rightly punished for it. If people do it and see no consequences, you will absolutely see more people doing it. That is how social constraint works.

Beyond all that, it is very difficult to take an argument seriously that includes a reference to the idiotic term “snowflake”.

There have been more than one or two incidents.

But one of the reasons there have not been many more incidents like it is that those that do it are rightly punished for it. If people do it and see no consequences, you will absolutely see more people doing it. That is how social constraint works.

Beyond all that, it is very difficult to take an argument seriously that includes a reference to the idiotic term “snowflake”.
Pal I said that out of annoyance..im no snowflake basher! but in reality...very few incidencents with occur with malice...just a bit of jumping about...years ago they just threw you back in the pen and were told to behave a bit, that's all that's needed. Nowadays FFS everything is such a drama...jeez we lead really soulless boring lives if this gets people wrankled!

Pal I said that out of annoyance..im no snowflake basher! but in reality...very few incidencents with occur with malice...just a bit of jumping about...years ago they just threw you back in the pen and were told to behave a bit, that's all that's needed. Nowadays FFS everything is such a drama...jeez we lead really soulless boring lives if this gets people wrankled!
The problem is people are getting more emboldened, primarily due to social media and needing to chase clout on the internet (even when they are just common folk with no commercial or political incentive to build followings), coupled with a somewhat confounding loss of understanding of what constitutes appropriate public behaviours after the pandemic, which has seen disruptions and dangerous behaviour increase at various types of events, including in football. It obviously hasn’t reached 70s and 80s levels, but that is part of the point: in order to stop it from going back to that level of nonsense you have to enforce more serious consequences.

It all comes back to the simple fact that no football match, for any club, at any level, in any league has sufficient stewards, staff, or police to prevent more than a few people from invading the pitch if they want to do so (or even one, in this case). So they have to maintain social constraint, which requires people being fearful enough of consequences to respect the rules/laws against invading the pitch. Once people lose that fear, chaos usually ensues.

Anyway, I have been more arguing on the systems level (how you have to carefully manage these types of huge crowd events) than the incident level for awhile now, and I guess I have made my point about that, so I’ll just read the thread moving forward to see if there are any scoops as to whether he did it on purpose to get some publicity. ;-)

The problem is people are getting more emboldened, primarily due to social media and needing to chase clout on the internet (even when they are just common folk with no commercial or political incentive to build followings), coupled with a somewhat confounding loss of understanding of what constitutes appropriate public behaviours after the pandemic, which has seen disruptions and dangerous behaviour increase at various types of events, including in football. It obviously hasn’t reached 70s and 80s levels, but that is part of the point: in order to stop it from going back to that level of nonsense you have to enforce more serious consequences.

It all comes back to the simple fact that no football match, for any club, at any level, in any league has sufficient stewards, staff, or police to prevent more than a few people from invading the pitch if they want to do so (or even one, in this case). So they have to maintain social constraint, which requires people being fearful enough of consequences to respect the rules/laws against invading the pitch. Once people lose that fear, chaos usually ensues.

Anyway, I have been more arguing on the systems level (how you have to carefully manage these types of huge crowd events) than the incident level for awhile now, and I guess I have made my point about that, so I’ll just read the thread moving forward to see if there are any scoops as to whether he did it on purpose to get some publicity. ;-)
''........consequences to respect the rules/laws against invading the pitch. Once people lose that fear, chaos usually ensues'' ...clearly doesn't though does it...just a bit of a jump a bout...get in City...then move on...i doubt publicity came in to it...why...he hardly pushed himself as a txt seller when he had much better opportunities...can't see Turbo on any reality shows can you! lol...he did a bit with pigeon racing in Ancoats that's about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.