Interesting silly City facts.

An ex City captain, won the doubles title at Wimbledon, made a 147 break in snooker, won a gold medal at the Olympics and made a century at Lords.

He was quite a sportsman
silly fact.

on the day of the 2-2 derby when roger palmer scored the last minute equaliser im sure i was on the bullocks coach with you :), russ c ?, back in the day my nickname was marky B

City are the only team to play a brand of football designed by AI.
And the center forward is a robot with exactly the same number of goals per game so far this season as last season.

The first game at Wembley where players wore numbers on their back was the 1933 FA cup final, Everton 3 City 0. Players wore 1-22. "Dixie" Dean played for Everton.

City still hold the highest attendance record for any game In England outside Wembley, 84,569 in March 1934 v Stoke City. City won 1-0 due to an Eric Brook shot from near the corner flag. City went on to win the final beating Portsmouth. (My dad was at Maine Road that day)

City's lowest ever attendance for a league game was in 1965 at Maine Road, City 1 Swindon 2 8,015. Mike Summerbee scored for Swindon. ( I stood on the freezing Scoreboard end with my scarf and rattle)
Dn't know if any of my relatives were at the first match mentioned but, my Grandfather was at the 2nd one and I was at the 3rd.

The oldest player ever to score a goal in the top flight was a City player - on April 15 1922, Billy Meredith scored for City at Turf Moor, Burnley, at the age of 47 years and eight months.

Stanlet Matthews played till he was fifty, but he hadn't scored for five seasons, so our Billy holds the record.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.