United (A) - Sun 29th Oct, 15:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite like that.
What's your thinking of Lewis over Walker.
You're asking the wrong blue about their thoughts on Walker. Ha.

He's a legend of the club and the English game for that matter. I respect what he's done for City but I'm in the small minority who thought it was the perfect time to move on from him. Or at most give him one more year on his deal. To give him a deal until he's 37 was madness IMO. I'm aware that he's very well-liked within the dressing room but so are a lot of lads, and I don't think we're short of leaders either- the difference is they don't end up in the papers for doing something idiotic every season.

I digress. The main reason I thought it was time to move on is solely in a sporting sense. I just think that for a team that dominates the ball as much as we do, he doesn't contribute in the buildup or attacking third enough. He's good for an overlap every now and then but how often does it lead to something? If he was more or less always brain-fart-free defensively then I could justify him being a nailed-on starter more in my eyes, but he's not. If he were, do you really think Pep would have dropped him for Akanji in arguably the biggest game of his City tenure? I don't.

As for Sunday- I admittedly think Rico Lewis DOES have a future as a fullback and far worse players than him have managed to keep Rashford quiet this season. I'll take that risk and bet on Rico to hold his own versus Rashford while reaping the benefits of more or less another midfielder to help us dominate the middle, and create chances in the attacking third(which we've struggled to do more times than not in the league thus far).

Attachments

• [FBCharts] Rico Lewis vs. Kyle Walker.png
    [FBCharts] Rico Lewis vs. Kyle Walker.png
    214.2 KB · Views: 48
TBH I still can't figure out why they intend to have another tribute on Sunday, if indeed that's the case. They did their thing on Tuesday, so why on earth is there a need for another one ? Doesn't make any sense at all, unless it's a deliberate attempt to wind us up. If so, it's churlish and disrespectful to Charlton's memory. The only sensible and appropriate tribute would be a minute's applause for Franny and Sir Bobby together.
Still no need for either IMHO - both have already been done.
Didn't they pay tribute at Sheffield at the weekend too? Then at their home game on Tuesday, which is fair enough. But there really is no need to have another tribute on Sunday, if indeed they intend to.

I wouldn't put it past them the have another tribute though, but not to wind us up. The cynic in me thinks they might do it deliberately to give our fans another opportunity to embarrass themselves. There will be no attempt to mitigate against this, for instance by having a minute applause, or including a tribute to Franny.

I'm mot sure what rhe worrying is about. Have you seen their back line? Fucking bobbins. Full backs got at least a yellow card in him. The stump might get some joy in a battle with Haaland but Alvares and Foden can turn him inside out. Rushford looked woefully and unfit last game I watched him and the genius manager won't start with that garnacho kid who can be dangerous.
Solid back 4 for us and smash them up front.

Didn't they pay tribute at Sheffield at the weekend too? Then at their home game on Tuesday, which is fair enough. But there really is no need to have another tribute on Sunday, if indeed they intend to.

I wouldn't put it past them the have another tribute though, but not to wind us up. The cynic in me thinks they might do it deliberately to give our fans another opportunity to embarrass themselves. There will be no attempt to mitigate against this, for instance by having a minute applause, or including a tribute to Franny.
You raise a good point. If they went for a minutes applause for Charlton and Franny, then every bugger would clap and those who did want to pipe up wouldn't be heard anyway. As we've both had chance to have a moments silence in previous games already, it would seem a more sensible approach to a simmering derby game.

I was actually suggesting it would be to wind up the City fans, so in agreement with you. It's the sort of despicable thing those twats would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.