Israel-Palestine Conflict

Between the last Gaza war in 2014 and 7/10, 12 Israelis were killed in Israel by Hamas.

For context Israelis are 100x more likely to die of diabetes than Hamas in that period and almost 50 people in Britain were killed by Islamic terrorists.

The last 10 years were for Israel as bloodless as any ongoing conflict can be.

Of course the IDF killed over 1200 Palestinians in Gaza and the West Bank in the same time frame. A 100:1 ratio of deaths on each side.

I don’t think Israel made any serious attempts at peace talks during that decade.
If this is correct re only 12 Israelis being killed by Hamas in a decade then it's pretty scandalous that Israel/US didn't move towards implementing a Palestinian state.

It's also going to need an independent peacekeeping force for quite some time whos going to do that ?
In short no one, because they will be seen as an Army of occupation, this is what the Americans have been saying to them, they are going to have to occupy the whole strip, and have men and resources committed to it, the Iranians will be rubbing their hands with joy at the prospect, setting silly objectives can be a costly mistake

Of course they could stop after a Gaza city and call victory, but it will be a piric victory , apparently they don’t even know, the world is not going to come in and clean their mess up

In short no one, because they will be seen as an Army of occupation, this is what the Americans have been saying to them, they are going to have to occupy the whole strip, and have men and resources committed to it, the Iranians will be rubbing their hands with joy at the prospect, setting silly objectives can be a costly mistake

Of course they could stop after a Gaza city and call victory, but it will be a piric victory , apparently they don’t even know, the world is not going to come in and clean their mess up
conjecture of corse, or at least I hope so , as otherwise I see no end

Not if it means the release of those being held hostage by Hamas , women and kids included, according to him. He made an awful comment before that without hostages what restrains Israel.
Well, yes, it is awful to think that Israel has been bombing Gaza as they have while concerned for possibly hurting the hostages, so awful to wonder what they'd do without that concern.

I'm sure you'd not commit the war crime of taking hostages, but if you had would you give them up without some guarantees about what happens next?

Maybe not quite expressed in the same way, but others have addressed the problem. "The large-scale hostage takings could stoke a dynamic that feeds escalation risk. Or perhaps the hostages will induce caution that pushes in the opposite direction. Like so much else in this horrific war, the human cost will be acute." (Center for Strategic and International Studies) https://www.csis.org/analysis/why-gaza-hostage-crisis-different

You can't call them Tories now, it's Keir Starmer's Labour party.
Depends how you see the Tories. Your view is that they’re not Corbyn, my view is that they’re not RW.

Let’s just fuck this up and call it what it is, using a certain political stance to have a pop.

Both parties views, which are led by the current government, are abhorrent to me, but at least Starmer has said that we need a chance to look after those that are being hit the most.

Fucking disgraceful from all sides, there’s absolutely no need to score points from this.

Sad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.