Injuries - 2023/24 | Ederson cleared to return to training (p 146)

For fucks sake. Shouldn't have even been risked against that pub team last night. We know he's made of wafers, protect him for the important games. Hopefully Josko can step into the void as Akanji wasn't it in that role earlier in the season.

Injuries are to be expected after a treble season. That's what may stop us. But we have a great squad and Pep rotates smartly. Chance are we will win a big trophy again.

Needs wrapping up and doing little or no training a la Ledley King. It seemed to work for Spuds. Couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at his inclusion last night. Was it really necessary with big games coming up and knowing his susceptibility to to these ever recurring injuries? Just my opinion and don't want to go on about it...it is what it is now.
If Stones can do this job then why not Ake or Gvardiol. Time has come to find out.

You might be right there. I read it differently. I read it as Stones had a back problem against Man United and felt it again tonight. I though Akanji was ill?!

I don't think it is like Pep to call them ManU. Whereas he does call Akanji Manu.

Needs wrapping up and doing little or no training a la Ledley King. It seemed to work for Spuds. Couldn't help but raise an eyebrow at his inclusion last night. Was it really necessary with big games coming up and knowing his susceptibility to to these ever recurring injuries? Just my opinion and don't want to go on about it...it is what it is now.
If Stones can do this job then why not Ake or Gvardiol. Time has come to find out.
Why not any defender so? It requires special skills and awareness which most at the back do not possess. I think Gvardiol might make a good job of it moving forward and indeed it might be the reason we tried so hard to get him.
With respect to John it is starting to look a lot like Vinny towards the end and may indicate an early retirement date unless these muscle issues can be sorted permanently.

Pep isn't to blame by picking John Stones - that's just emotion speaking. He has recently returned and needs game time. He was fully fit.

Bollocks, he didn't need to be playing 2 games in 3 days. Its no secret he is fragile, he came right back in at a high level, we need to wrap him in cotton wool for important games not build up his match fitness.

Bournemouth are the worst team in the Premier League, Young Boys are the worst team in the CL. Scott fucking Carson could have played and the results would have been the same. Now we have 3 massively important games and no Jonny Stones. We're a yellow away from losing Rodri again aswell.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.